Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]Hi Mike,
viena is free
Read some of the old posts.
best wishes
Rikki

Thanks and from now on I'll post any questions I have here.
Tonight I got into the omb and setup some keyboard buttons and sliders, of course not enough buttons. I could have spent more on a controller but I'm pretty happy with this one
comes with an editor for the pc, that and OMB made it pretty easy.

original post

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 06-20-2007).]

#309678 - 06/21/07 02:14 AM Re: Thanks Rikki.. and others
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Mike,
does sonar light actually allow you to load soundfont banks & use them in OMB ??or how are you managing to use soundfonts in OMB??
I noticed you mentioned roland vsc3 ( is that the dxi version??) if not , Roland also has a dxi version which I tried a while back, I didn't have any issues with latency. Being a gm/gs soundsource though, I did have some problems with drum mapping when using "original" psr styles. Drum tracks would have to be edited.
In the case of soundfonts though, the drum kit could actually be edited to suit PSR xg mapping.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikeathome1:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309679 - 06/21/07 04:17 AM Re: Thanks Rikki.. and others
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
In OMB ver 10 I use the sfz to load one at a time. But after reading some of your old posts I only use one.
Actually, for me, the microsoft wavetable synth sounds pretty good, at least for bass and drums. There are some solo voices that aren't that great but overall I'd rather play than bother with editing voices and midi.
I've been doing midi since before the beginning of the gm standard, used sound modules in those days. So I understand a little about this midi stuff I just don't want to fool with it anymore.

I loaded the sonar just to see how to work with the dxi and stuff, but I'm gonna dump it. I've been using powertracks pro for years and I'm used to that. I had to read the help file to find out how to change an instrument in midi track. To me a basic function like that should pop right out and hit you in the face you shouldn't have to go looking for it. It might be a nice program, but again, probably way more than I'm looking for or will ever use and a big learning curve.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online