SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305422 - 12/03/99 09:25 PM Which One???
Paul W Offline

Loc: Meadville, Pa. USA
Hi, I have the Cubasis that came w/ my QS8 and I also have Cakewalk Express that came w/ evol. 149kybd. Between these two I seem to prefer the Cakewalk. But NOW, I'm considering a full blown version of a good sequencer, fair audio (using only my original, built in sound card) and I need an excellent notation/music print program. The ones I've narrowed it down to are; Logic Audio Platinum or Cubase Score VST or Cakewalk pro 9 w/Finale2000. What I want to know is what your experiences and opinions are w/any or all of these. Opinions Please??? Thank you in advance!! Paul W

#305423 - 12/03/99 10:34 PM Re: Which One???
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Paul,

For midi purposes I would go for CakeWalk Pro Audio 9. , As I don't write note's I cannot advise you with finale, but personally I think it's overpriced and I expect there are good alternatives.

Cakewalk because;
Most easy in using compared to Cubase and Logic Audio
Least problems with bugs...etc..

fred

#305424 - 12/05/99 09:20 AM Re: Which One???
Roel Offline

Hi,
An advice 'what to buy ?' is always given on personal opinions. My opinion is Cubase VST is the best, easiest to learn sequencing-, score notation-, audio recording programm ever.
I started 15 years ago using PRO24 on an Atari ST and since then use Steinberg's updates to VST on PC now.

VST has a great 'mixing console' built-in, almost unlimited number of midi- and audio tracks. The max depends on your PC's power.

Roel

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online