SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305628 - 02/24/00 04:31 AM Please someone help me with my MIDI problem
deano Offline

Loc: Burnley, Lancs, United Kingdom
I have a compaq Presario 5441 which i am using to run Cubase V2.81. I am using the 15 pin game port on the back of the computer to control my MIDI in and out.

I can record information into the PC (The In and Out lights flash on the screen panel) but no sound or signal is sent back to my sound module. I have also tried Cakewalk pro audio V7.0 and this has the same problem BUT if I change my output device to the internal soundcard then it plays back what I have played.

This is no good for me as the soundcard sounds terrible. I want the program to drive my soundmodule

I am using the ESS MPU-401(E000) MIDI device and a ESFM synthesis (D800) sound card.

It just seems like there is no signal coming out of my computer (MIDI) I have phoned the compaq helpline but I knew more than they did.

I have checked my equipment and all is fine.
I have also changed the lead (Games port to MIDI) to make sure that wasnt the problem.

PLEASE HELP.

Email dean_cox@hotmail.com

Thanks

#305629 - 02/26/00 09:10 AM Re: Please someone help me with my MIDI problem
pbossink Offline

Loc: Tubbergen, Netherlands
Maybe, you have to change settings on your 5441. Look for "Receive Channel" (or something else) on your 5441.

#305630 - 03/01/00 09:15 AM Re: Please someone help me with my MIDI problem
Baris Can Offline

try to check the on-off button for the
speakers of your keyboard

#305631 - 04/07/00 09:31 PM Re: Please someone help me with my MIDI problem
Vimlesh Offline

Loc: Majuro, Marshall Islands
Check your sound module's receive channel - is it set to receive on multi channels. Is your Midi Out from the Compaq connected to the Midi In of the module!!! Are the modules' omni/poly settings correct.

Try using another module instead ... maybe the module's Midi In connector has 'kicked the bucket'. Another option could be to check your games port to Midi connector. Some of these leads have two midi ins and outs - did you connect the right ones.

Hope that helps some.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online