SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304404 - 01/24/06 05:08 PM Tyro 2 help
paulinez Offline

Loc: W. Palm Beach, Fl
Has anyone had this happen:
The Tyro 2 freezes up and won't play unless you turn it off, and turn it on again. This has happened quite a few times.
Pauline

#304405 - 01/24/06 06:41 PM Re: Tyro 2 help
trtjazz Offline

Not to me.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#304406 - 01/24/06 10:51 PM Re: Tyro 2 help
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Quote:
Originally posted by paulinez:
Has anyone had this happen:
The Tyro 2 freezes up and won't play unless you turn it off, and turn it on again. This has happened quite a few times.
Pauline

It never happened to my Tyros2 (Not Tyro!!!). Is your's on a static carpet or something? Or maybe the power from your outlet isn't "clean" enough?

Bert.

#304407 - 01/25/06 03:57 AM Re: Tyro 2 help
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hasn't happened to me as yet, and I've been gigging with the T2 for over a month moving it from place to place.

Did you install a hard disk in your Tyros 2?

Perhaps it is defective or has a bad sector or something. Try removing the HD and see if that cures the problem. You may want to also try a factory reset and see if maybe there is some memory corruption somewhere within the unit that the RESET will clear up.

Other than that, raise the humidity level in the room where you have the T2 and watch that static electricity!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#304408 - 01/25/06 08:52 AM Re: Tyro 2 help
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Pauline, I've never experienced your problem on my Tyros2 either. In addition to what the others have suggested, I recommend completely re-initializing the keyboard back to factory default settings. This can be accomplished by simultaneously holding down the keyboard's highest key (C7) while turning on your Tyros2.

If this doesn't solve the problem, I recommend contacting your dealer to get your Tyros2 fixed or replaced. Good luck. Please keep us posted.

Scott

#304409 - 01/25/06 11:06 AM Re: Tyro 2 help
paulinez Offline

Loc: W. Palm Beach, Fl
Hi, Terry, Bert, Al, Scott.
I heard from Michael Bedesen, and he said as follow:
This freeze is often caused by opening cakewalk while the T2 is connected to the pc. By default, cakewalk sends a local off command(you can see it in function/midi/edit/transmit)can be turned off by modifying one of the ini files. (Modify the TTSSEQ.ini file so that sendlocal . This line determines whether or not cakewalk should send a local control off message during startup.
But cakewalk also sends something that messes up the accompanimant. .This sensitivity is unique to the T2
Because the solution to the second program is unknown. When the stystem hangs, the best is to go to function/utility/system, reset and check midi setup(if you have not disabled off commands and system setup. Then execute the resets. It is much faster than rebooting.

Pauline

#304410 - 01/25/06 02:20 PM Re: Tyro 2 help
trtjazz Offline

Now more info is coming in ..... you have it hooked to something else then? I have found with midi anything, to disconnect, even when changing patches, otherwise it will send that info to any keyboard.

If you are hooked up to a sequencing program, have that either up and running already, or pull the midi plug to the Tyros when you do bring it up.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 01-25-2006).]

#304411 - 01/25/06 02:43 PM Re: Tyro 2 help
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
OH, well that would explain it.

Never mind!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#304412 - 01/25/06 02:59 PM Re: Tyro 2 help
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bingo! Thanks Pauline for filling in the missing link. Your Tyros2 PC-Cakewalk Sonar connection explains it. Like Terry, I too had no knowledge that your Tyros2 was connected to your PC whe this problem occurred. Back to Tyros2 enjoyment. Happy music making. - Scott

#304413 - 01/31/06 01:22 AM Re: Tyro 2 help
OneManSound Offline

Loc: Kaiserslautern, Germany
Hi all,

first of all I may introduce myself: My name ist Volker and I´m from Germany. I´m 45 years old and playing Tyros 2 since 1 week, before I had Tyros 1. Furthermore I´m using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and of course PSRUTI from my friend Heiko Plate, who is already known here at the forum.

At January, Friday 13 I became my Tyros 2, so I thought that my problems are beloning to the date but as I see know it´s a Cakewalk problem.

Tyros freezes totally and I called the german Yamaha Service. The problem was unknown there and they send me another key for changing.

Yesterday I became this and I´d been shocked at the evening that the problem´s still there. This morning I give the Service department a call again and they guess that it is a Cakewalk problem.

So I found this thread and I will try this evening to clear the problem.

There is one thing I do not understand and I appreciate your help.

Can you give me a template for the exact entree in the .ini file?

Thank you in advance.

Volker
One Man Sound

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online