SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324970 - 05/25/11 05:51 PM need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Need to have a cold solder done one my old psr2100 I believe, due to some strange sounds coming from the speakers when playing a single note, a dual sound (percussion like) plays along with the main voice. Anyone know of a reputable place to have this donein the tampa bay area?
Many thanks . . . Jill
p.s. really LOVING my new yammie, but want to sell the old one!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#324979 - 05/25/11 11:55 PM Re: need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area [Re: girljam]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Sorry I don't have an answer for you ..... but JILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is awesome to see you here again after so long. How is everything ( other than your PSR 2100 ) going with you. I remember you had some health issues some years back that kept you from posting.

We have missed you. I guess you will have noticed the forum has undergone a major upgrade since you were here last.

What Yammie model are you using now?

#324991 - 05/26/11 04:40 AM Re: need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area [Re: girljam]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Jill,

Good to see a fellow Tampa Area resident here on SZ!

Try the following repair center. I haven't used them, but I did research them when I needed a keyboard fixed. I actually did the work myself in the end.

E P R ELECTRONICS
36181 E LAKE RD, #275
PALM HARBOR FL 34685
Tel 727-916-7054

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#324998 - 05/26/11 07:15 AM Re: need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area [Re: Nigel]
girljam Offline

Hello Nigel!!!!! yes, i'm still around, and still struggling with some health issues, i ended up on disability, but was able to purchase a 910 from Frank, which i
love, and have SLOWLY started making music again, much to my enjoyment. A few things i do miss that that 910 doesn't have, or doesn't do as well as my old one, but overall, i'm very happy with it. So good to "see" you again...
Hoping to make some new recording in the near future, and share with all who may be interested.
Glad to hear about the guy in palm harbor, as i live in port richey, not too far from me! I'll definitely check it out!
Many thanks, Jill

#324999 - 05/26/11 07:18 AM Re: need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area [Re: kbrkr]
girljam Offline

Al, whereabouts in tampa are you located? Do you gig around these parts?

Jill

#325003 - 05/26/11 09:43 AM Re: need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area [Re: girljam]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
HI Jill,

I actually live in Plant City, but I work in Tampa. I play and sing with a local Wedding Band and I do solo Ceremony and Cocktail hour gigs. I'm looking to branch out into more solo gigs; I need a decent website, recordings, and some promo material.

How about you? Are you playing anywhere?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#325029 - 05/26/11 03:38 PM Re: need repairs on psr2100 in tampabay area [Re: kbrkr]
girljam Offline

Hi Al-
several years ago, i had a "duo" band, me and another girl, we did the bar scene, Eagles and Amvets, a wedding or two, and some other functions - we were quite popular, and had a small following, playing mostly classic rock, pop, oldies, etc - I was basically managed our little duo, unfortunately, my partner had an "alcohol" problem, and we were actually asked "NOT" to come back to one or two venues - very embarrasing . . . i then became seriously ill, and have had to focus on my health the last 3-4 years, but I've since been playing again, after purchasing my 910 last year, and would love to begin gettting out on the circuit again, even if it is "pro bono" - I'm a huge fan of 30s, 40s music - all music, really, I was a trained as a classic pianist from the age of 6, until i discovered rock n roll as an eary teen (ha ha) but i love all kinds of music.
If you ever play in the pasco county area, let me know, i'd love to meet up. Thanks so much for all the helpful info, i'll be calling the place you suggested tomorrow for a quote/info on repairing my psr2100.
Kind regards, Jill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online