SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304652 - 01/23/06 06:08 AM Tyros Midi Files
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
When you receive a midi file from my email list that was recorded in a TYros Keyboard, you are not going to hear the original song unless you play it in a Tyros Keyboard. A midi file has no sounds in it. It has only pointers that point to the sounds in whatever device you are playing it in. When you play it back in a different device then the one it was created in, then it points to the closest sound available in the playing device sound card.
The tyros has 1000 plus instruments in it. A midi sound card has 128 instruments in it. So you can see the same instrument that was used to create the song may not be the instrument that you hear on playback, especially if you play it in your computer or a different keyboard. I hope this helps some of you to understand why midi songs don't always sound right to you.
Wav files and compressed wav files like MP3 have the original instrument sounds included in the file.
Bebop

#304653 - 01/23/06 07:11 AM Re: Tyros Midi Files
trtjazz Offline

Bebop
What I might add if I may is that it will point to general midi voices (GM) because those are the agreed upon standards.

However though on the Tyros 1&2 with the auto revoice enabled it(the Tyros)goes beyond GM and attempts to revoice to a more enhanced voice.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#304654 - 01/23/06 06:41 PM Re: Tyros Midi Files
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks Terry,
I had seen that but had not yet taken the time to find out what it is or what it does.
Now I know
Best,
Bill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online