I would like to create a very simple User Program list containing only two entries. The intent is to alternate between them with each successive press of the footswitch. I think on the newer BK-series what I want to do would be easy. However, by default my E-50 (baby brother of the G-70) creates 144 user programs (eight entries times 18 banks) in a "List."

So I could create a new list, and it seems possible to delete entries 3 through 144 by going through the User Program "Finder." But on page 96, the owner's manual warns that the delete function should be used "SPARSELY." Deleting 142 of the 144 entries isn't "sparse!" I'm concerned that the board will be expecting to find 144 entries in the list, and having only two will leave the index pointing to the wrong place. I remember reading on our dear departed Roland Arranger forum about databases becoming corrupted, and I know that formatting the memory is also frowned upon. In case this operation goes awry, my intention is to attempt it on an external memory card.

Bottom line: Is it really possible to delete user programs individually on this generation of Roland arranger? Who has done it, and what were your results? Another alternative I can think of is to copy the same two user programs 72 times in succession, filling all 144 slots of the list. As I advance through them with the foot switch, after 144 it will loop back to program 1. This gives me what I want but it's a lot of work. Grateful for any advice from this community!

Edited by TedS (07/19/21 02:31 PM)