SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#303714 - 11/30/07 11:05 AM Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I received a bunch of G 70 styles and upg's and been trying everything in the manual to get them into the E80 on the External flash card but keep getting file error or can't find, evend though they are on the card and can be seen in the computer.
the manual sez they can be put on the Compact flash and I have done that exactly as the manual requires using the PC.
I can put midi files onto the flash Card (external memory) without a problem.
any help or advice appreciated.
Best to all,
Bebop

#303715 - 11/30/07 12:46 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill , make sure you are adding them in the correct folder.."put new styles here"..not the style folder..

#303716 - 11/30/07 02:01 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

Yes Fran that is where I am putting them in the External memory flash card, Put styles here folder and the upg in the put upg here folder.

Thanks,
Bebop

#303717 - 11/30/07 02:38 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
When you switch your E-80 on and press either the Style or the User Program button and then choose "External" (meaning the memory card) the operative system starts transferring the files from the "Put new Styles/UPGs here" folder to the "Styles" or "User Programs" folder. Sometimes this process gets halted because a style or a UPG has a "wrong" name (one with characters the operative system does not accept) or is corrupted (this is true especially with styles).
So my advice is to try to load them little by little, adding maybe 20-30 styles or UPGS at a time to the "Put new... here" folder and then seeing if they are transferred to the destination folder. The moment this process stops you will know that one of the files is invalid or corrupted: if you can find it and remove it, your problem will be solved.

#303718 - 11/30/07 08:18 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

what about the UPS files. I note that this group of UPG files was zipped up with 2 UPS files. Do they also go into th "put UPG files here" folder along with the upg files?
All these files were from a G70 keyboard.
thanks for your help.
Bill the bebop

#303719 - 12/01/07 11:03 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Bill,
you can place the UPS files straight in the UPG folder (the operative system does not move them automatically like it does with UPGs).

#303720 - 12/04/07 09:21 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Bebop,
make sure the files are you are trying to copy into the "put new styles here" folder are not in a folder. Files can only be seen if they are individual files and not files in folders.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#303721 - 12/05/07 10:02 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

thanks George,
I unzipped the zip file to a folder on the hard drive. I then highlight the files in that folder and drag and drop them to the put Styles here and put UPG here.
they all install however only the styles can be brought up and played but not with one touch. the UPG files I click on just say no style or something to that effect.
I am not sure what to do at this point and the manual is not helping me decide.
Thanks,
Bebop

#303722 - 12/10/07 10:40 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

After I install the files in the EXternal Flash Card when I click on a upg file I get Wrong system Version.
when I click on styles I get DISK ERROR.
these are all files that were installed in the G 70 and are supposed to install in the E80.
Do they have to be installed in the Internal Memory. I haven't put them there because I didn't want to have to delete all those files one at a time if they didn't work there either.
Any help and advice to resolve this problem will be appreciated.
Best to all,
Bill the Bebop

#303723 - 01/01/08 07:23 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

Well, I finally got hold of Travis who was the roland rep that I got the keyboard from and he made it real simple for me.
TAke the EXTERNAL card out of the Keyboard. Plug it into the computer. Put the files into the external card plugged into the computer. take it out of the computer and now plug it into the keyboard. Now hit the styles button and they all load in and are available to play. I am going to assume you can maybe do the same thing with UPG files and midi files and eventually even get the One Touch to work with these files.
You just can't use the usb connection to do this as I was trying to do and nobody above told me any different You can put the files down the usb wire into the external card and you can see them there but they won't load
Travis is no longer in the music industry but is now in the Mortgage business helping people that are getting screwed over with the mortgages they got screwed over on in the first place.
Hope this more specific info helps the next person with this problem.
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-01-2008).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online