SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302789 - 06/14/07 11:13 AM Question e60 vs. G70
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I've been using Yamaha boards the last 3 years. Despite the fact I love the T2, I don't like 61 keys. I'm toying with the idea of moving toward an arranger with more keys.

G70 had been in my sights, but if anyone has played the G70 and E60 what are the pros/cons. I'm a partime OMB, I play anywhere from 5 gigs on a busy month to just a couple per month during a slow month. Up until recently have just played instrumentals no vocals, but have started singing about 5 to 6 songs during the 1 hour nursing home gigs. I don't create styles, pretty much use just the basic arranger features. I like the ability to hit a registration and turn the board into a full keyboard piano so that I can play a few piano solos during my gigs. Any comments on the best board for my needs?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-14-2007).]

#302790 - 06/14/07 11:58 AM Re: Question e60 vs. G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Stephen..if money and 45 pounds doesn't discourage you..I would go the G70 way...You get the best key feel on the market[semi weighted]..The best VK drawbar organ, and the best Vocal Harmonist..

That is a lot of Best reasons..

If the weight and money are an issue, and you can do without the added features..The E60 could be a good choice..And yes .. any Roland you have full piano at the push of a button..You can save your settings to user programs..

#302791 - 06/14/07 02:00 PM Re: Question e60 vs. G70
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If money is not too much of a problem and you want a keyboard that will not become obsolete, have a look at the Wersi Ikarus with the OAA (Open Art Arranger) software, which will play all your T2 styles 100% accurately, and improve their sound quality into the bargain. (Just like Roland, Korg, Ketron etc they will sound as if they are a live performance)
Here is a link to the US site http://www.wersimusic.com/ikarus.html
Some Demos http://www.wersi.net/html/tontrager.html
I have also uploaded some T2 styles that have been played directly (No Editing or Modification) on the OAA http://www.yousendit.com/download/WFJXak94ZEtlaFEwTVE9PQ

Bill

#302792 - 06/14/07 03:13 PM Re: Question e60 vs. G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill this is one ugly keyboard, especially compared to the white dual manual model..

BTW: the question was E-60 or G70..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 06-14-2007).]

#302793 - 06/14/07 04:32 PM Re: Question e60 vs. G70
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Stephen..if money and 45 pounds doesn't discourage you..I would go the G70 way...You get the best key feel on the market[semi weighted]..The best VK drawbar organ, and the best Vocal Harmonist..

That is a lot of Best reasons..

If the weight and money are an issue, and you can do without the added features..The E60 could be a good choice..And yes .. any Roland you have full piano at the push of a button..You can save your settings to user programs..

Fran,weight is not a issue, so far as pricing I can buy one at a very good price.

I need to download the manuals and read them and make a comparison E60 vs G70. I need to find out just how many less features are on the E60.

Bill I checked out the demos of the Ikarus, impressive, yes. But I know pricing is more than I'd want to spend.

#302794 - 06/15/07 06:39 AM Re: Question e60 vs. G70
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Steve...I'm having a similar choice issue...E-60 vs E- 80. Weight and 76 keys are heading me to the E-60. Don tells me that Hank has an E-50 and really likes it for what he's using it for.

I have never owned a Roland, but George has shipped me a GW-7 and an SH-201 which will arrive early next week. I'll get a better feel for the brand then.

Really would like to do the obvious thing...play them, but there are no stocking dealers near here.

Good Luck!

R.

#302795 - 06/15/07 06:53 AM Re: Question e60 vs. G70
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Steve...I'm having a similar choice issue...

Really would like to do the obvious thing...play them, but there are no stocking dealers near here.

Good Luck!

R.

Russ good luck to you as well. No local dealers stock either of those in my immediate area. I suppose I could find a dealer in Boston, I just may do that. I hate to make such a major change not having really played the G 70. But reading some past feedback about the keybed and the extra keys sounds like a winner. Time will tell.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online