SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302994 - 02/24/03 05:14 PM UPManager
BJR Offline

Loc: PORTUGAL
Where can I get this programme to organize
my user progs for the VA 76 AND G1000,I have both and would like to use my `olderīUPS from the G1000.on the VA.Is this possible?(certain limitations accepted of course)

#302995 - 03/03/03 02:04 PM Re: UPManager
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Go to http://daytonamusic.com/rag and click the Download button - lots of useful resources, styles, PC utilities, etc

Regards

#302996 - 03/12/03 05:37 PM Re: UPManager
BJR Offline

Thanks Alex K for the reply,but I already have the UPM manager and the RDBM etcs but these dont solve my problem because none of these programmes will recognise both,VA76 user progs & G1000 user progs at the same time!!Roland have come up with,what basicaly is,an upgraded version of the G1000 ,(ALLEGEDLY),aimed at existing G users (presumably) but the two UPS files are not compatible ! I thought I would have been able to load my G UPSīs into the VA to.at least,have a base UProgramme then edit it up to VA spec.Not so it seems, now I have to re-prog all my working material from scratch, to work on the VA.I work 355 days of the year and have a mountain of material in my G1000 UPSīs,I have asked Roland,by e-mail,how to resolve my problem,no reply yet apart from Roland Portugal who gave me the same advice as you .THE UPM managaer & THE RDBM WILL NOT OPEN BOTH UPS AND UVA FILES.Can anyone come up with a utility prog tha converts one to the other?Can anyone tell me if Iīm being unreasonable in what I want to do,and can someone tell me if there is a solution so simple that I just cant see it?

#302997 - 03/13/03 12:20 PM Re: UPManager
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
BJR,

You are right, none of these programs open Perf Mems from G1000 to save them as VA76 performances. Part of the reason is that the performances have a different structure in VA, than in G.

Before Ocan Altug whote his UPManager program, a number of people were working feverishly trying to decipher the performance memory file format of the G1000. eventually, they succeeded, but throughout the exercise there was no help from Roland. It may have taken them 15 minutes to generate a documented file structure. The VA76 has not caught on enough for people to justify the same effort. I am sure, this is a small consolation to you, but lack of after-sale support is a known fact with Roland.

I wish you best of luck in finding the solution to this problem, and I hope you share it with us, if you come across any tools.

Regards,
Alex

#302998 - 04/05/03 05:40 PM Re: UPManager
BJR Offline

Thanks Alex K,I will certainly will post anything I come up with to resolve this problem.However,the only way foreward for me to get the VA out of the house and take it to work, was to start from scratch,ground zero (!)hence the reason its taken me so long to check out this message board.You can imagine the work involved!I miss my wife & child (although we live in the same house)I miss fresh air and sunshine,eating,sleeping,Im becoming paranoid people are staring at the LARGE V imprinted on my face that my wife assures me is not really there (we met briefly in the bathroom 10 days ago)BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR ROLAND or alternatavely choose patch gbn 7/pc 127/ccOO 7/CC32 4 small club.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online