SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302538 - 11/04/06 01:40 PM Is it possible to have just the drums and bass playing on a G-800?
neve1064 Offline

Loc: SE USA
I would like to record a whole bunch of tunes for my New Year's gig. I just need the drums and bass to be recorded so I can play live on top of them. Isn't there a way to get this to happen? I keep getting the piano sound with the automatic comping happening while I press the chord changes on the keyboard.

#302539 - 12/20/06 06:04 PM Re: Is it possible to have just the drums and bass playing on a G-800?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You need to go and turn OFF all the arranger parts other than Drums and A. Bass....

Your manual will tell you how to do this....

Alternatively, if your left hand (or right!) is up for it, why not just use the Drum parts, and PLAY a nice bass line? Trust me, it will be far more realistic that the arranger's bass line if your chops can cut it, because you can now lead with the bass voice, rather than it always follow your changes.

In other words, YOU know in advance where the changes are going, so the bass line can walk to it, or point towards it, whereas arranger basslines only know the chord you are playing NOW, not where they are supposed to go. For me, it's the biggest difference between a live band and an arranger, and the reason I play a LOT of LH bass.....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online