I was sent converted Yamaha 9000 internal styles by a kind hearted person. These styles were converted for the X1. Just to set the record straight I've been less than happy with the X1's swing and big band styles.

I don't know what happened but these Yamaha styles were awful. None of the converted styles compare to the converted Korg and Technics styles that I'm using for BB & swing.

All these Yamaha styles had simplistic usually two bar intros and endings. They contained drums, two beat or a walking bass line(sometimes) and a jazz guitar that strummed on every beat. There were almost NO brass or sax riffs in any of the styles. There were subtle variations between the styles (usually in the bass and drums) but they all sounded the same. There wasn't a swinger in the bunch.

The most dissappointing thing is that I didn't find ANY that I would use in place of the Korg, Technics, and X1 styles that I currently have.

I know that converted styles sometimes lose something in the translation but are the Yammie big band and swing styles really that poor? The Korg and Technics styles converted pretty well. If the Yammie styles sound better on Yamahas how come they don't convert well? I usually have to tweek a part or voice on a converted style but on these there was precious little with which to work.

Anyone have any ideas on this subject?

Tom

Tom