Mixer-wise, I've always loved knobs and faders, but lately, I'm getting the urge to dig really deep, and add some ooomph to my recordings, and live mixes when I work with larger ensembles, (like the theater orchestra I'm conducting this Christmas season) so......
Enter the Behringer X-32 Producer. I'm really excited about this smaller footprint model of Sweetwater's best selling mixer. I got spoiled by a digital mix about a year ago in Lake George NY, doing our dueling piano show, and started experimenting since then. I tried Presonus gear, Soundcraft, and now I'm crossing my fingers that the X32P is the answer to my studio/live prayers.

I recorded a 7 piece ensemble at a wedding a few weeks back, and used a digital interface into a pc. This got me thinking of how much easier it would have been to use the same mixer for the live sound, and simultaneously send each instrument to the DAW. The Presonus had some minor glitches, the Soundcraft was better, but I didn't love the effects. The X32 has EIGHT digital effects-EIGHT output routings-and THIRTY TWO inputs. (I bought a 16 channel digital snake too) and a real time USB recorder for stand-a-lone mixes of rehearsals etc.

I'm on a bit of a working vacation until Oct 12th, so I have oodles of time to tweak and twerk. (should I so desire)
The show I'm conducting is a musical version of "A Christmas Carol" and I'm planning on making a cast recording of the show, so this is the right time to fire up all this new gear. PLUS - my PA1000 should be in this week, so I've got lots to keep me busy.

I'll check in on Thursday, and give my first impression of the X32P. To borrow a phrase from the Pointer Sisters:
I'm SO Excited!
smile

Edited by Uncle Dave (10/03/17 02:50 PM)