I never ceases to amaze me at the number of incredible, new styles that we gain each time a new arranger keyboard comes on the market. Yamaha's world style selection has expanded dramatically, and this was, I'm sure, in response to the many, many requests from around the world for more ethnic styles and voices.

A few weeks ago, a good friend and fellow musician passed away at age 96. We've played together for more than 40 years, and I can say with utmost authority that he was among the best bluegrass fiddle players in the nation. He was really incredible and I will remember him always.

His widow asked me to perform just two songs at his memorial service, one of which was Taps. She also asked me to perform Amazing Grace. I rarely do this type of song, and wasn't sure which style would fit best. While digging in the keyboard's onboard styles a few days prior to the memorial service I stumbled into the world section, press the button next to Irish Hymn2 and was blown away. Attached is my rendition of Amazing Grace using the PSR-S950. I also recorded the song on the S-950 using the onboard recorder, so what you hear is what they heard at the memorial service. For those that claim the addition of a few styles are just baby steps by Yamaha, I beg to differ.

Amazing Grace

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/14/13 10:55 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)