Just thought I pass this along. Don't buy a Mackie product unless your within a repair shop distance. I bought the SRM-150 powered monitor in Sept. 08. On Feb 16, Presidents Day, I had a rehearsal and the monitor didn't work. It was a holiday and I took it to a local repair shop that day and had it back on Tuesday for a gig on Wednesday night. This was not covered under the warranty because the repair shop was not an authorized dealer. I argued with the Mackie Service and they still will not pay me back for the cracked speaker. The nearest repair shop was in the next state or 2 1/2 hours away. There was no guarantee I would have it for my next gig. Anyway, I sent the bill of sale, bill of repair ($80.00) and the cracked speaker to the CEO of mackie on 2/24 and still haven't heard anything. I guess Mackie is desparate for $80.00 and if you live on the other side of the state where the repair dealer is, your at the mercy of a long wait. I will never buy a Mackie product again, because they don't stand behind their product.