Some background...

I've had a local upscale Italian Restaraunt indicate some interest in my services. They want to meet with me to discuss logistics. (Where I'd set up, speakers, scope of sound, etc.)They're mainly interested in Thursday evenings and want "upscale, jazz inspired instrumental music."

I've been looking for a Thursday and Sunday steady type gig. Although I sing 99% of the time when I play, I'm confident I could make this work. Honestly, a non-vocal gig at that point of the week makes a lot of sense for me to obtain.

I asked for and have gotten $100 plus tips plus dinner for 3 hours of work. 6:00pm-9:00pm is the likely time frame.

Any advice you guys (or girls) that do the restaraunt thing heavy care to offer? I can play standards all night long plus some tasty versions of misc. other pop tunes done with a jazz or Latin feel. No dancing to worry about...so, (and it takes a LOT for me to say this)...I might even consider using some high quality MIDI files to play over a few times throughout the evening. (I usually only play over styles...full kb mode on my Tyros.)

Do you suggest setting up a mic for introducing myself, announcements, saying good-night-seems to only make sense. My reputation is far more that of a vocalist than that of a pure KB player. Wonder how I might handle it if some people who follow me stop in one night and start requesting vocals. I may need to see if there's any wiggle room on the clients part with this. I wonder if playing the first two sets as instrumentals and then sing the third and final set makes any sense?

I have the Tyros satellite speakers that are available from Yamaha. I usually only use them for rehearsal and some VERY small gigs. Is anyone finding these to be adequate for a small to medium size room? If not, I'll be using my EV 15" and my Behringer PMH2000 500watt 10 channel box mixer. More than adequate...but the sound output is so clean and strong its usually worth it. I do have a pair of Yamaha Club Series 10" that might do the trick...but I'll sacrifice some bottom by using them. (Bottom that the club probably has no interest in hearing anyway, lol...)

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill in Dayton