Ok, this is perhaps 'old news' to some of you here, but I just today discovered that Yamaha Corp had purchased (back in Dec 2004): Steinberg Corporation (a division of Pinnacle) and whose software includes: Cubase, Wavelab, VST instruments.

1) With this relavation, I'm curious if Cubase now includes custom "instrument definitions patch list" files specifically for each & all Yamaha midi keyboard instruments, including the arrangers: Yamaha Tyros & PSR3000.

2) Also, currently, when a Yamaha Tyros/PSR keyboard created midi file is loaded into any commercial midi sequencer other than "Yamaha XG Works" , all Yamaha exclusive Meta Event "FF" string commands (sysEX commands begining with FF) are not only ignored, but when the midi file is subsequently re-saved, this critical data is not saved (deleted). A listing of these Yamaha exclusive "FF" string commands is listed on page 62 of the Tyros "Data List" manual, and includes "Lyrics", and: "Chord Names" which is essential for generating/triggering both auto accomp & vocal harmonizer chords.

I'm now wondering if Cubase may perhaps now (hopefully) INCLUDE full support for the above Yamaha exclusive Meta Event "FF" string commands, of which previously was only supported by "Yamaha XG Works": http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/midplug/m_mid10.htm

As a Cakewalk Sonar 4 owner, I've been disappointed that Cakewalk's earlier (2+ years ago) annoucement of providing Sonar support for this (via 3rd party plug-in) never materialized. I hope now, because Yamaha has recently acquired Cubase, that they will see fit to integrate all "Yamaha XG Works" exclusive features (including Yamaha'FF' Meta events: "Chord Name" & "Lyrics") into Cubase.

All feedback & input appreciated.

Scott