Where do I start??

How do you express the feeling of conducting the finest orchestra in one of it's proudest pieces? I'll try to put this into perspective.

A while back, I was quite touched by the writings of composerRyan, a (then) new member to our forum family. He spoke with a true passion of music, family and keyboard instruments, and never once gave the impression that he expected more out of life, then the hand he was dealt. As we got to know more of Ryan's personal situation - it became clear that his musical advancement was hindered by a lack of financial resources. Typical woes for many musicians, right? (Sure, we all want more toys.)
After more insight, we learned that Ryan's family had gone through some very scary times, and even with all the adverse happenings - he spoke, only with positive feelings, and much love for his Mom and brothers. There was an instant "connection" as I read his story, and I offered to help find him an "outrageous deal" on a keyboard that he could use for composing.

This is where it gets good!

Without asking, and without showing pity or bravado ........ I received several offers (via personal emails) to contribute to the cause of getting a keyboard for our new friend, Ryan. I was AMAZED ! The offers continued to arrive, along with the first few contributions, and before you knew it - this "offer" had turned into a blossoming opportunity that had REAL potential! With the combined efforts of our many selfless members ....... we were about to raise enough financial resources to actually consider buying a NEW keyboard for Ryan, instead of something used. This was TOO MUCH !
My thoughts went to the ending scene of the movie "It's a wonderful life" when Jimmy Stewart's friends all came over to bail him out of his financial jam. MY heart was touched with the outpouring, and I began to make arrangements to buy the keyboard. (By this time, after speaking with Ryan about his needs, and wish-list, We had decided that a psr740 would be IDEAL, and quite do-able ! )

So, the wheels were in motion. . . . . But it gets even BETTER !

The power of love is a mystery to us all, and even in this cyber-world of type-fonts and URL's, the "heartfelt" message was reaching out over the world. This forum is read by many people, and many company representatives who choose to stay behind the scenes, and read quietly without posting. They get ideas, and I'm sure they use many of the valuable tips in their own situations.
One such "Lurker" is Yamaha USA.
I heard from (let's call him...) Mr. "X," and after reading the story, and speaking with other forum members, he offered to contribute to the cause as well. The generosity, and community of the forum had also touched the hearts of the good people at YAMAHA USA !
We spoke at great length about the situation, and after hearing all the details, YAMAHA has offered to DONATE a PSR740 (with the survival kit) to our "Ryan's Hope" fund!
You read that correctly - YAMAHA USA is going to ship a new 740 right to Ryan's door ! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you - MR X. and Yamaha USA ! This is SUCH a blessing !!!

With this new, and quite unexpected development - we are now faced with a different situation. I have sent emails to all the contributors (if you didn't get one, it's because I didn't get your contribution yet) explaining the "larger" scope of our fund. There are a few details to work out as to how to allocate the funds. I am also sending Ryan a keyboard stand, a "Vocal survival kit" and a padded carry bag for his new baby, but there will be more money available, so I need to know if the donors will trust me to "sweeten" the deal for the set up. I'd love to hear from everyone who sent money on this new development - there are several ways to go, and I want everyone to be happy with their part in the contribution.

In closing - I just want to thank a few people.

FIRST - to Ryan. You have given us a warm feeling, by sharing your own heart with us, and we are proud to be able to join hands and help your musical growth along the way ! Remember to mention the "zone" when you accept your first GRAMMY !
SECOND - to all the contributors. I will provide Ryan's family with all the names of his "stockholders." We are glad to be investing in the future of a very talented and passionate musician and composer. I hope we all get the opportunity to play some of Ryan's original compositions very soon ! This was such a special, one-shot deal, and you all came through without reservation or skepticism. I am proud to know you all.
THIRD - to Nigel, Chris and the folks at Synth Zone. This is a MAGIC place. We laugh together, cry together, send help to one another, and it's a "friend in need," whenever we switch on our computer. I can't turn in for the night till I "check in" with my Global Cyber Family! You are all a part of my day....every day !
LASTLY - I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but it's late, and I hate typing, so please forgive me if I left anyone out. We are all part of a very cool thing here, and I just wanted to share the events of the last week with you all. There are many friends who contributed greatly, without a financial gift, by offering support, and encouragement to our cause, and your wishes are greatly appreciated.
I spoke with Ryan's Mom and his twin brother, and I am CERTAIN, this keyboard will have a good home in Indiana. Thanx again to all involved, and best of luck to Ryan on the next step of his musical journey. Oh ..... to be 16 again !

Nite, people ......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........