Hi! This is my first time posting to your site. I've been reading a lot of the postings here before deciding to buy a new keyboard. I just bought an X1HD with vocal harmonizer. It will be shipped on Monday. I've never even touched an X1, but I've heard so many wonderful things about it on this site and other sites, that I had to buy one. My name is Larry Levin, from Lisle, IL, USA. I specialize in providing interactive entertainment for the elderly and disabled (I also write pop songs as a hobby), and I've been playing a Yamaha PSR 740. This is an amazing keyboard for under $1000, but it has no expansion capabilities, and this bores me. Since I often play at as many as four facilities in one day, the PSR 9000 is way too heavy for my skinny frame, so I just sold the PSR 740 and bought the X1.
One question that I have is, I hear so many wonderful things about the styles on the X1. Has anybody purchased any of the factory style discs made by Solton for the X1? At $27.95 for an 8 style disc (that's what my dealer quoted me), that seems very expensive, but if these styles are really superior to everybody else's, maybe they're worth it.
I also would like to ask what is more popular with people the 6-switch pedal or the 13-switch pedal. Thank you for your precious time.