Hi,

advice would be very appreciated:
I´m looking for an arranger keyboard.
A few words on my musical interests:
1. I would like to create my own music at home, use the keyboard as workstation and won´t use it for live performance etc. I´m not so much into ballroom stuff, my favourite music is soul, R & B, hiphop (no techno!), acid jazz, rock, jazz and latin music (salsa). I feel a little "between the two worlds": interested in modern pop music, but arranging it the old fashioned way via chords etc. I find arranging samples boring and it seems to use up lots of time if done decently.
2. Usually I am working with the onboard sounds, tweekability is not so much needed (but a good effect section!)
3. I am a guitar and conga player. So keyboard quality is not so important.
4. Sound System Quality is of lower priority
5. I have worked with the yamaha q 70 and the roland pma-5, tried out the q-700, but I found the variations of one style (only start, A, B, two fills, ending) very limited. Fills very often did not seem to fit in. MC 303, 505 and the yamaha eqivalent were to much into techno, filled with poor sounds and for a chord oriented guy like I am not satisfying.
6. My ideal keyboard:
a. Natural sounding styles (drum & percussion section!)
b. Many styles, many variations of each style (progressive drum features)
c. vast possibilities creating new styles from existing
d. Stylesection oriented towards modern pop music (funky etc.)
e. workstation-qualities: sequencer etc.
f. very good and versatile drum and groove section
f. Composing section powerful but no to comlicated
7. What I´ve read in this forum:
solton X1: very natural sounding styles (recorded by real drummer), many style variations (true?) but the list of styles puts me off: the keyboard seems very ballroom oriented. Very few "modern" styles, it seems. Is there a convincing library of different stuff?
yamaha psr 9000: very good sounds, many style variations (true?) but I guess the styles are very much like the ones I´ve heard from the yamaha gear (I found most roland styles more impressing), ballroomoriented or modern styles ?
Roland EM 2000 / G 1000: Many drums, many styles, poor style variation (true?), more modern music styles than the competitors I suppose, crappy packaging (em 2000)
KN 6000: buggy?
well, thtas a long posting, sorry for my English. I appreciate any kind of help and advice. Maybe an arranger keyboard is not suitable for my needs? (neither band in a box or likewise)

Tanx so much and merry Christmas

Heinrich