Why the G70 always makes me smile.

Here is an example: A typical User program set up.
Let's say I want to build a 6 part realtime sound across the keyboard. Maybe an orchestral program.
A timpani with the velocity range set so it will only sound where I want it to.
Orchestral patches that will velocity switch where I want them.
Tumpets and Brass falls.. All velocity switched to my specs. (6 parts).
I can edit each of these with sliders changing things like cut offs, EQ, effects etc.
for each part. I can assign aftertouch to control things like modulation. Also D-beam as a controller
or sounds.

I can use a custom style, maybe change the bassline from another style, edit the parts, EQ, FX, ect.
I can link a SMF with any edits.. Match the tempo of the style to the SMF.
Adjust the parameters of the vocal/harmonizer, that will automatically adjust to SMF, or style play.

You can assign OTS for the style we are using, if you want to switch from our 6 part super patch.
And we can always switch back without any glitches. We can also switch to Piano, or Drawbar organ,
and back again.
We can run , for example the bass of the style to a separate out, return to the Aux input, use
a separate insert effect for the bass. We can route the mic out to another device.
We can save all this as a single user program.

We still have all slider controls for realtime parts, SMF parts, Style parts, mic and harmony
control, and aux input control. We also have realtime control of mastering effects.
Also make up tools and covers to change SMF's and Styles on the fly ( and return to the original
instantly).

Here is the Smile.. I can do this (write a program like this) in ten minutes or less.

If I did what I could on the E-A7 (lacking harmony , less parts, separate outs , aftertouch etc)
it would be a nightmare, the expanded sliders and touchscreen makes a difference.

A big plus, I have the 16 track sequencer to make changes in SMF.

It is truly a workstation that makes the work part easy.

Try doing something similar on a dedicated workstation, I will wait a day or so.. smile
Arpeggios are trying to duplicate our styles,, In reality we have thousands of style parts that
can't be touched with arpeggios;

Just some of my thoughts... wink

Edited by Fran Carango (11/07/19 09:44 AM)