SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192874 - 09/22/00 09:14 AM solton X1 is there a site to hear samples of sounds and styles?
Dnj Offline

sounds like a very interesting keyboard. But I hear it's difficult to access controls on stage while performing?

#192875 - 09/22/00 09:24 AM Re: solton X1 is there a site to hear samples of sounds and styles?
Roel Offline

Hi,

In my opinion the X1 is very easy to operate ... especially on stage.
It only takes a few seconds to change paramters.

The best keyboard I ever had. (KN2k,3k,5k)
Styles are superb and have a 'live' drive almost no other keyboard has.

kind regards,

Roel

#192876 - 09/22/00 12:24 PM Re: solton X1 is there a site to hear samples of sounds and styles?
Dnj Offline

Roel,
I agree,
I love the kn5000 and kn6000 (getting one very soon) so far. Very reliable, they take a beating and keep on ticking. I gig every night with the k5 and the Tehinics is a pleasure to play and the syles are awesome especially big band, latin, waltz, world, r&r, disco, ballads, with eth right sounds and tecnicord setting it's hard to beat. I read alot of posts and IMO too many people are too critical of the their instrument without having enough experience to even play it. Some expect too much, but it's the Player not the instument most of the time. I have been playing professionaly for 34 years I'm 48 so do the math. Yes, I was giging at 14 with the older guys. Be a good player first and then worry about being a scientist and working a good arranger keyboard like the Techinics K5/K6 Yamaha 9000, Korg i30 etc.
good luck to everyone out there and play music every day!

Donny

#192877 - 09/22/00 01:59 PM Re: solton X1 is there a site to hear samples of sounds and styles?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Donny,

it is told that Paganini had once performed a violin concerto on a single string, while most players can't do it on a four-string instrument.

It is indeed true that there are some very talented musicians, like yourself, Uncle Dave, and a perhaps few others in this forum, who can play a gig with a Casio and sound great, because their musical abilities and showmanship overshadow whatever shortcomings may be with their instrument. You guys get new instruments mainly just for the heck of it, and partly because as the pros you can claim a tax deduction.

I, and probably many other members of this discussion group, do not posess the same talent, and have little choice but to rely on our instrument to make us sound better than we are. Most of us have day jobs as scientists or engineers (judging by some other posts), so we don't have much time to practice, nor the tax deductions to claim, although we feel that getting better gear will improve our playing. That is why we talk so much about new gear. And who is to say that we ehjoy our music any less than you the pros do?

There is no harm talking about improvements. It is people who NEED improvements who will cause those improvements to come about. And when they come about, everyone, including yourself, will benefit.

Regards,
Alex

#192878 - 09/22/00 02:32 PM Re: solton X1 is there a site to hear samples of sounds and styles?
Dnj Offline

Hi Alex,
Thanx for the great reply. You obviously make some valid points. Playing keyboard can be very easy to some and super difficult for some others. But playing music in general is like "Magic Medicine" and can make people very happy, either on the dance floor, in a studio, or make a bad day bright. I am a big believer in "practice makes perfect" and for that I thank my dad for making me play every day in my younger years. Perserverence and enjoyment is the key. Make yourself happy then try to pass on the Magic Medicine to others. Yes Alex music is a gift. With all the DJ's out there some would think that us LIVE Musicians are a dying breed, but I hope to be here for a while with many other "REAL Musicians" so play every day and share the magic Medicine! This forum is very enjoyable also.

I'm off to Atlantic City Tonight!

take care,

Donny

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online