SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#187067 - 01/08/00 05:47 AM Psr 740
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
I again visited the Yamaha agent today and spent some hours on the PSR740.My friend working for the local SABC was amazed and I must say after trying the E-300 Roland(with all respect to Roland) it felt like such a better keyboard. However comparing with my KN 2000 I am not quit prepared to spend the money just for the sake of Cakewalk compatibility and playing stiffies(a; drive in the PC for editing purposes)

This will be the last keyboard(hopefully) that I buy and maybe I should wait for the PSR 9000 if I judge correctly from this forum....(I respect the good and welcome opinions)I would like to have something that is a cut above the rest.(Simply because I love music and good instruments)We do not get Solton in the RSA as far as i know....maybe the G1000 is available ....

I am sure Yamaha will get me one if I really want it. Will this be the right thing to do?

Thanks for this forum...about the only place on the Internet that I visit every day of my life...Regards...Hein

#187068 - 01/08/00 08:30 AM Re: Psr 740
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you really think this will be your last keyboard, by all means get the PSR9000 if you can afford it. While the 740 is an adequate keyboard with lots of features for the money, it is not in the same league as the top-of-the-line units like the 9000 and the X1. It has more features, more memory, more polyphony, better sound. It provides for interfaces with computer keyboard, external drives and video. It has many hook-up options including loop send and return, expanded footswitch programming. . . the list goes on and on. It has features you may not even know you want right now, but you can expand and upgrade this unit and grow musically with it.
This decision is a "no-brainer". Only consideration is $$$$$.
Good luck.
Don
P.S. I remember thinking that a Lowery organ I bought in 1976 would be my last keyboard. That was about 30 purchases ago!

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 01-08-2000).]

#187069 - 01/08/00 01:19 PM Re: Psr 740
Hein OLivier Offline

Hi Don..
Thanks for your reply . I will talk to the guys on Monday and try to get the 9000 out to South Africa.I am surprised that Yamaha RSA do not partake in this forum...not good for them. I feel that I am going to do the right thing.......Regards..Hein 23:20(RSA time)

#187070 - 01/10/00 10:57 AM Re: Psr 740
Hein OLivier Offline

Thanks for the input of all the good people who helped me to decide on the PSR-9000. This is indeed a wonderful Forum and I hate to think about the wrong decisions I would have made if I did not discover this Forum.
Thanks Chris......one of these days i will worry you all with questions about the new keyboard....Regards...Hein

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online