SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#482615 - 12/02/19 01:20 PM One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny, Donny, Donny ... my pal - my confidant - my gum-bah, miss ya, buddy.
It's Christmas, so time for one last pitch:

You KNOW we (I) tease you just to ruffle your feathers, right? It's all in fun, and if you didn't react so intensely ... it wouldn't be as much fun. But, in all fairness - I think you're in a better place right now, so I'm gonna back off the zingers.
I know you miss your Dad; I'd be a mess without mine, and I know we (I) razzed the crap outta you because of all your flip flops .... but hey; You gotta admit ... you made it SO easy with statements like "I have no need for touchscreens", or "I only use 61 keys" ... etc. You now own the most expensive unit available (not considering Wersi), and it's 76 keys, and virtually impossible to access sounds or styles WITHOUT the screen, so ... (to quote you) "just sayin'"

All that aside - I believe that in this current chapter of your creative life, the Genos just may be the perfect fit for you. You've drooled over it for two years, and now it's under your fingertips. Bravo! All the kidding we do is purely locker room antics. No one here is bad mouthing the G - maybe the $$ ... a little, but we all think it's a great instrument. It's by no means the end-all, or the perfect fit for everyone (like ME), but there is no disputing how wonderful the sounds are. Some are more complex, and rich than the SX, I agree, but for the $$ ... it outta be. I felt the same about the Tyros series - loved 'em, and respected them ... but not for me. Size, and silence were the big two drawbacks, and they still are with Big Daddy G.

I'm hoping I can inch my way back into the sandbox, and we can stop this ice storm that's gone on for waaaaaay too long.

You're well liked here; by ME, and many others. It just makes me nuts when you contradict yourself so often, and so loudly. I think all that may be over now that you have the G. In a home studio setting, with your Starbucks cup at your side, watching a gentle snowfall outside your window ... I'm sure you'll find the peace, and inspiration you seek. I really do think it's a perfect fit for you ... not for all of us, but for YOU, (and many others) yes.

So, please take the ribbing with a grain of salt, and revel in the joy of your decision to purchase such a fantastic instrument that will serve you well in retirement ... and more, if you ever decide to put it on stage. I know you can make it sing.

I love ya, man ...
let's not sweat the petty things, or pet the sweaty things anymore, k?

Buon Natale, amico mio!
(funny sidenote - we were posting at exactly the same time, as I wrote this)

#482654 - 12/02/19 03:56 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave here is that branch you wanted.... to offer to Donny smile

Attachments
rose-bush-thorns.jpg

#482655 - 12/02/19 03:58 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
It comes with age....it's called Grumpy Old Men Syndrome. I have it myself. I chase people who walk their dogs on my lawn. LOL

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#482659 - 12/02/19 04:19 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Dave here is that branch you wanted.... to offer to Donny smile

Was that humor ?
Just askin'

#482663 - 12/02/19 04:28 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Fran has the largest spoon .... to keep that pot stirred.

#482685 - 12/02/19 07:04 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It's a very nice gesture on your part, Dave ...

#482686 - 12/02/19 07:12 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm trying, and since our difficulties started here, in public ... this is where I want to resolve it. (cue music ... "Christmastime is here ...")

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 10.11.24 PM.png

#482689 - 12/02/19 09:43 PM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#482707 - 12/03/19 06:49 AM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It looks to me like 60 year olds are worse then 6 year olds. smile

You guys take too much seriously.. grin

#482710 - 12/03/19 07:08 AM Re: One more Christmas olive branch to Dnj ... [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Dave I have read your post it seems heartfelt.
There are a few here and they certainly know who they are that I will never reply to ever again.
True friends mean a lot to me in person or online.
It's a shame that sometimes I have to turn my back on them for good.
As they read this I know they're sitting behind their
computer screen laughing but I really don't care.
Dave the spirit of Christmas & a New Year is in my heart
but Brutus's knife stings deep.
I will rethink about it with you only and message you in private,
no need for anyone else to know they remain non gratis to me..

Take care

Edited by Dnj (12/03/19 08:21 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online