SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#448885 - 03/17/18 02:09 PM mic not plugged into keyboard
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Does anybody not use on board mic controls and just plug mic into P.A. system. Sometimes I just get sick of constantly messing with mic volume
every time I turn my keyboard up or down for a song. I then use roland vp7 into bose and problem solved.

MEL

#448886 - 03/17/18 02:27 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
Dnj Offline

That's the beauty of using a mic & Kb in a mixer with fx..

Edited by Dnj (03/17/18 04:02 PM)

#448891 - 03/17/18 04:22 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
zuki Offline

I had that problem, straight into the keys. I went mixer (not the QSC speakers, through the Yamaha mixer) and wow, so much more control.

Saying that, I'm going to try again with the 4X and see how the VH suits me this time.

Curious: doesn't the 1000 have a separate mic volume control? I know what you mean though. Turn up the mic on a song and the next song blows the mic up!

https://on-stage.com/products/view/11983
btw: here is a great attachment. I use one for my mic boom and one for my mixer (Yamaha mixer has an attachment) - one of the best inventions ever smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#448892 - 03/17/18 04:58 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
zuki ... I have two of those also ... one for mic and one for tablet ...
Yes, I use a tablet for chords and lyrics I don't remember ... but that had been OVER-discussed already ... laugh2 dancers

#448896 - 03/17/18 06:04 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
zuki ... I have two of those also ... one for mic and one for tablet ...
Yes, I use a tablet for chords and lyrics I don't remember ... but that had been OVER-discussed already ... laugh2 dancers

So far, I can do without for hour or two gigs, but would need if I played a long job. Don't see that in my future smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#448898 - 03/17/18 06:15 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By organgrinder
Does anybody not use on board mic controls and just plug mic into P.A. system. Sometimes I just get sick of constantly messing with mic volume
every time I turn my keyboard up or down for a song. I then use roland vp7 into bose and problem solved.
MEL

Does the PA have separate eq/fx for the mic? ... and I'm assuming you don't use the VH? ... If you do, you could run the mic through a small VH unit which would handle your eq/fx/volume/harmony ...
A small mixer is good to have, but 99% of the time I just run the mic through the KB ...

#448901 - 03/17/18 07:29 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Mic sounds great through the pa1000 and yes it does have a mic volume but I am forever changing it because when you turn up the keyboard the mic volume gets louder faster so you then have to turn down the mic volume and the reverse is also true. My roland vp7 is a super under rated unit and gives me great harmony parts
and acts like a mic mixer plus effects unit and I can even get a full choir plus it have compression and many other features but
for small nursing home gigs sometimes I have to go light.Just keyboard speakers. Nowhere near the great sound I like. I wish
modern arrangers would have a straight output for mic not affected by master volume control.

MEL

#448902 - 03/17/18 08:21 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I never encountered that problem, but I'm old and deaf, so it probably doesn't count. wink In reality, I never had to change the mic settings once I turned on the keyboard and selected my setup registration which has my mic settings in place. At that point, I just played and sang - no problems.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#448903 - 03/17/18 08:54 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I use a separate mixer (Sonar/Roland VS100) for my mic and my wife’s mic. FX... Comp... EQ.

On the PA4X, I used the mic once in a while. I would set my volume and leave it. To control balance of my mp3 backing tracks, I used the assigned slider. To control my R1 sound, I would use the slider. I set the main volume and leave it.

For bigger gigs, I would split my mic with the radial MS2... one to the Pa4X... one to the mixer... and one to my Roland VP-7. Then I have 2 harmonizers and one normal mic signal. It gave me choices and the best of all I had. The VP-7 is a great harmonizer... especially when I want a choir type of harmony.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#448904 - 03/17/18 10:06 PM Re: mic not plugged into keyboard [Re: organgrinder]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
With the PA4X, I generally used the Automatic mic processor, so it pretty much maintains the right e.q., level, gate and compressor. Works like a charm.
The overall E.Q. of the keyboard does affect it too though. The MAXX settings are wonderful, but you have to experiment some to get the right sound for your speakers and venue.
With the S970 I'm using an external T.C. Helicon unit for several reasons. It sounds better than the internal Yamaha processor/harmonizer, it gives me an extra foot pedal setting for the keyboard because it has its own pedal, and it maintains a steady volume level. It also processes the voice automatically.
I have a spare T.C. Helicon Harmony M if anyone needs it. btw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online