SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#445278 - 01/23/18 09:37 AM My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Hello People,

I'd like to share with you these my two piano ballads

I composed them quite a while ago, perhaps about 10 years ago, using PSR-3000. It seems to me now that back then I was into composing, then with PSR-S950 I was more about recording, now I'm not sure what I'm into...

Playing it I wondered if Genos would make much difference for this kind of music. I muted most parts of accompaniment and strings I use for layer are "legacy" "slow strings". Frankly, neither "Live!" strings on PSR-3000 nor S.Art! strings on PSR-S950 didn't prove to me to be very useful.

Also I'd like to add that I felt comfortable playing it on PSR-S950. The thing is that when I start to think about these talks about what a poor keybed this instrument has, I start to feel how uncomfortable it is indeed. But not knowing "how bad it is" you may believe that it's perfect... Perhaps it's about "the idea"..

#445310 - 01/23/18 02:08 PM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Kabinopus]
Dnj Offline

clap Bravo maestro very well done ......beautiful Ballads played exceptionally well....love the strings also...these songs really invoke a feeling that you can hear & feel in your playing,..
thank you for sharing your work.... maybe a 88 weighted key controller would be a good idea hooked to the S950..?

PS Love you new haircut also makes you look younger!
.....take care

headphone

Edited by Dnj (01/23/18 04:41 PM)

#445314 - 01/23/18 02:28 PM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Kabinopus]
solomon8 Offline

Loc: Lehigh Acres, Fl USA
Beautiful. Very well composed and very well played. Good old Russian romanticism. Just love it.

#445317 - 01/23/18 02:38 PM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Kabinopus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
It's pure joy and very relaxing to listen to your beautiful music. Thank you. keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#445326 - 01/23/18 04:25 PM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
clap

Now why didn't I keep my 950 some years ago..not that I could create that..

#445437 - 01/26/18 12:14 PM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Thank you for your attention and kind receiving.

I tried external controllers for a few times with other PSR’s. Don’t really miss it, though… In some cases it limited the dynamic range of a voice, perhaps has to do with velocity curves, I’m not sure. Plus, it’s still extremely comfortable to have all the buttons right next to your fingers.

61 keys do not seem to be enough. Still, when I was playing an acoustic piano in a restaurant I started to think that the pitch in the middle of a keyboard is the most comfortable for ears; if you go too far left or right you get into “effects” zone, which may make you (others) tired sooner.

#445474 - 01/27/18 05:46 AM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Kabinopus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hello, Sergey:

I listened with pure joy to your first composition. You write and play well. I'm hoping the music market in your country is better than what we are experiencing in America these days. This forces me to ask about your plans for the future? The film industry is in need for scores such as yours for all types of movies, commercials and educational films. Surely, there are agencies in Europe who would eagerly market your music for licensing deals... where you retain ownership and only share a small percentage of your profits with them?

Best of luck with your music. It is splendid.

----Dave Rice

#445479 - 01/27/18 07:25 AM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Riceroni9]
Kabinopus Offline

Riceroni9, thank you for your support, I'm glad that you liked it.

Well, if something doesn’t work fine in America I’m not sure where else it can work; certainly I would’t count that it would work better here in Russia. Perhaps some changes are happening worldwide right now. Demands are changing as well. Perhaps some opportunities have gone for good and it’s time to get adjusted for new ones; at least, I’m telling it to myself right now.

#445501 - 01/27/18 04:36 PM Re: My Two Piano Ballads on PSR-S950 [Re: Kabinopus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi again, Sergey:

Please don't let my negative comments about the music industry cause you any concern. I listened again, this time to "Paradise" and was equally impressed. Unless you plan to pursue a career as a concert pianist... I think you are a terrific composer. In that capacity, I would seek to find an organization that will represent your work in seeking placements in films and commercials.

I hope this helps... and at least provides you with encouragement.

All the best, ----Dave Rice

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online