SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#440548 - 11/08/17 10:55 AM Anybody Buying Genos...just because?
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’m thinking about buying Genos...

(1) Just for something(sort of) new.

(2 Thing is...it’s my thing...Music that is...learnin* sonething new...hopefully.

Compared to a Tyros 5? Probably a Tyros 6.

Wish Yamaha(or Korg) would really build something revolutionary. Could cost $15,000(for a real arranger) or more.

#440566 - 11/08/17 02:09 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: guitpic1]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
$15k huh? You know what I think (not that anyone cares smile ). I think that if you took , let's say, 10k of that money and hired a MASTER teacher (one who is or was a seasoned 'pro') to bring you to a new level of musical proficiency (in both theory and playing technique), you would be able (using ANY arranger, not just the 'latest/greatest') to create a more satisfying musical experience than anything you could ever do merely by changing arranger keyboards. Being more 'personally' invested in your music will bring a deeper and more 'personal' kind of satisfaction. JMO, of course.

chas

#440570 - 11/08/17 02:54 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By cgiles
$15k huh? You know what I think (not that anyone cares smile ). I think that if you took , let's say, 10k of that money and hired a MASTER teacher (one who is or was a seasoned 'pro') to bring you to a new level of musical proficiency (in both theory and playing technique), you would be able (using ANY arranger, not just the 'latest/greatest') to create a more satisfying musical experience than anything you could ever do merely by changing arranger keyboards. Being more 'personally' invested in your music will bring a deeper and more 'personal' kind of satisfaction. JMO, of course.

chas

Amen

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#440576 - 11/08/17 05:10 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: guitpic1]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The thing I hear is it's not the keyboard it's the keyboardist...well of course a better player sounds better..
BUT....no matter how good you are...you cannot make a poor sounding instrument sound good...so it DOES effect your quality of performance overall.

I am talking about a instrumental song piece...not background for a singer.

#440578 - 11/08/17 05:39 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
The thing I hear is it's not the keyboard it's the keyboardist...well of course a better player sounds better..
BUT....no matter how good you are...you cannot make a poor sounding instrument sound good...so it DOES effect your quality of performance overall.

I am talking about a instrumental song piece...not background for a singer.

and you don't think a Pa4x, SD9, T5, can sound amazing also, I know so for sure......
NEW is not always better,.....that's one thing that has been proven time and time again...

#440580 - 11/08/17 06:59 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm sorry, but this seems to be a stupid assed question.

Give me a break!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440582 - 11/08/17 08:08 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Give me a break!

Gary

How so, Gary? Half of my purchases are whimsical. When you're old and bored and can afford it, that's what we (men mostly smile ) do. My earlier post had to do with personal satisfaction; to that end, I see music divided into three distinct areas; the music, the person, and the instrument. Two are 'spiritual' and one is technical. As it relates to PERSONAL SATISFACTION, I think the priority rankings are pretty clear. Again, just my opinion but I don't really see anything wrong with the question--we've certainly discussed more personal things in the past (without criticism).

chas

#440584 - 11/08/17 11:00 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Give me a break!

Gary

Questions are never stupid
Only answers can be stupid

http://keyszone.boards.net

#440587 - 11/08/17 11:11 PM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: guitpic1]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Nobody will spend that much on a keyboard. I just spent about $1400 on a new pa4x oriental 61 keys...and its the most ive ever spent on a keyboard. These days people dont have money...i think.

#440608 - 11/09/17 08:45 AM Re: Anybody Buying Genos...just because? [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry guys, I was having a real bad day. I had a bad bronchospasm a few hours before reading the post, which is pretty scary. You cannot breathe and have to grab a rescue inhaler, crank up the oxygen generator to the highest level and hope you don't pass out in the process. Then, the VA informed me that they will not supply the special, new medication that I am using because it is not on their approved list yet. Therefore, I'm living on samples from the docs office because I cannot afford the $950 a month for one, and $675 a month for the other. The VA says I have to try other drugs first, drugs they have on the list. I documented that I have tried those drugs and had bad cardiac reactions to the drugs, but the VA doctor failed to put that in the request that she sent in for the more expensive drugs to be covered.

The day before, another doctor turned me down for back surgery (this has been the fourth one) because it was too risky and I could end up paralyzed from the waist down. Been there, done that many years ago, and sure as hell don't want to go through it again. Consequently, I must live with the most severe back pain anyone can imagine. The only relief is booze and drugs, both of which are expensive, and you cannot write off the booze as medicinal purposes, though I wish I could.

So, please accept my sincere apologies, Guitpic.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online