SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#435755 - 08/08/17 11:16 PM confused about the PA4x
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
When the PA4x first came out, I was told there's not much difference between the 3x and the 4x by more than a few people. Now, a year or so later, I hear nothing but accolades for this machine.....how it beats everything on the market right now.....how it even keeps improving with updates.

So......IS it noticeably all around better than the 3x? I ask this because if most of you agree it is, I'm going to take a drive up to Frank's place and hear it in person (hopefully along with the SD9).

Mark

#435756 - 08/09/17 12:17 AM Re: confused about the PA4x [Re: Mark79100]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The PA3x was a bit piecemeal in that it had many features that were better than the PA2x (Which is still one of the best if you looking for a used arranger) but not all, (This is common with all manufactures) the PA4x brings everything together as a complete whole (Features from the PA3x and full improvements on the PA2x) hence it’s a more complete board. (Korg are also one of the few manufactures that add new features, sounds etc. via updates, (On pretty much all their boards) whereas others force you to by a complete new board)
No matter how good a board is though, (No matter many recommendations it gets) it all comes down to personal preference in the end, so try them out and pick the one you like best. (There is no right or wrong about it)
Hope this helps
Bill

#435757 - 08/09/17 02:11 AM Re: confused about the PA4x [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Mark79100
When the PA4x first came out, I was told there's not much difference between the 3x and the 4x by more than a few people. Now, a year or so later, I hear nothing but accolades for this machine.....how it beats everything on the market right now.....how it even keeps improving with updates.

So......IS it noticeably all around better than the 3x? I ask this because if most of you agree it is, I'm going to take a drive up to Frank's place and hear it in person (hopefully along with the SD9).

Mark

10 times the sampling Rom gives a huge boost to many sounds
Improved effects espescially for styles.
The user interface also is a step up, when you have found your way around
Style edditing espescially the drums is more advanced
The songbook also got some updates
All in all, it sounds better, has improved build quallity and looks, and quite a few neet tools on board.

Just play them next to eachother and you will definately love the pa4x

http://keyszone.boards.net

#435761 - 08/09/17 04:16 AM Re: confused about the PA4x [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Awaiting your review of the Pa4x & SD9 when you get back from Audioworks..good luck.

Edited by Dnj (08/09/17 04:36 AM)

#435768 - 08/09/17 07:20 AM Re: confused about the PA4x [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

headphone

Edited by Dnj (08/09/17 08:47 AM)

#435783 - 08/09/17 10:54 AM Re: confused about the PA4x [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Since you're driving distance to audio works, why don't you just take the trip up there and see for yourself? You're lucky you can do that, as there are so few places in the United States the carry top-of-the-line arranger keyboards.
I look forward to hearing your report!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#435790 - 08/09/17 12:36 PM Re: confused about the PA4x [Re: Mark79100]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By Mark79100

Mark

There is no confusion with the PA4x. It almost caught up and almost beat the Yamaha Tyros 5, which is few years older. Now the next TOTL Yamaha arranger is due. The choice is yours for the best fit for arranger features and overall sounds.

Marcus

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online