SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#431158 - 04/29/17 09:32 AM Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger
Dnj Offline

Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger Keyboard?

Here's my thoughts,......many players are looking for their perfect thing which undoubtedly it doesn't exist at this point, but can we come very close to satisfying the masses? Why not if a manufacturer put out a worldwide arranger keyboard survey questioner to have players check off all the features they would like to see & then at the end have a comment section for new things and ideas,......
Then after a six month period we they can learn, decipher, investigate, experiment, and most of all really get a worldwide picture of possibly what the next almost perfect arranger keyboard would be to satisfy many many people in may ways and in turn sell a lot of units too instead of the rehashing of older models, parts, and on & on ...... if not a survey of some kind what do you think would bring us closer to the perfect arranger kb in some way, or is it too late?

Thoughts?

Edited by Dnj (04/29/17 10:19 AM)

#431161 - 04/29/17 11:33 AM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Personally, I think there would be TOO MANY features requested by users to put in one box and make it affordable...
A few years ago on this board I offered the idea that the way to satisfy users would be to make the AKB 'Menu Driven' in that there would be a basic model that is sold and a list of options that the user would select on-line to D/L to the keyboard ...
But this might hinder sales of 'new' models which the manufacturers would not want ...

#431162 - 04/29/17 11:43 AM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Tony of course they could never put all the requests into the kb but they could get a good idea which direction to go in future releases if at all by asking the REAL players not some bunch of R&D people which release after release seem to not get it right.. ....

Edited by Dnj (04/29/17 11:44 AM)

#431163 - 04/29/17 01:04 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

It may well be that such a flood of requests would come in from Baltic, Middle Eastern and Asian areas, where the bulk of arrangers are presently sold, that our comparatively minor Western market would be squeezed out altogether. So it might be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

#431164 - 04/29/17 01:09 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
It may well be that such a flood of requests would come in from Baltic, Middle Eastern and Asian areas, where the bulk of arrangers are presently sold, that our comparatively minor Western market would be squeezed out altogether. So it might be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

All the better to hear from everyone so more then one model can be created for different markets and in turn better the whole KB's features all around for whatever needs it may be.....
there has to be a happy medium.

#431165 - 04/29/17 01:30 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If you make it too 'tech-heavy', those buyers who simply want to 'sit down and play' (and that makes up the majority of 'home players' who, in turn, make up the majority of Arranger players) will reject it. If you over-simplify it, everyone else will reject it. The point is; you will NEVER, EVER, please everybody, or even ALMOST everybody. Another thing, what you are suggesting would mean the end of creativity. If you create the 'perfect' arranger (or anything else), then that's the end of the line for that item; no future upgrades, no further technological advances......after all, you can't improve on perfection...right? And, as someone already pointed out, what would be the incentive for a manufacturer to produce one? One and done, not a great marketing plan (unless they plan to become just a 'parts' company smile ).

Of course, this is good for a quick Saturday afternoon excursion into 'what if' land. Oh, one other thing. Since the essence of an arranger keyboard is it's styles, and everyone had access to the same ones (in our perfect one-keyboard world), wouldn't there be an awful lot of music sounding an awful lot alike? I'm guessing a lot more people would be dusting off that old acoustic piano or guitar.

BTW, there already IS a perfect arranger for everybody; it's called YOUR BRAIN. You just have to figure out which 'buttons' to push, which 'sliders' to slide, and which knobs to twist.

Just another opinion.

chas

#431166 - 04/29/17 02:05 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By cgiles

BTW, there already IS a perfect arranger for everybody; it's called YOUR BRAIN. You just have to figure out which 'buttons' to push, which 'sliders' to slide, and which knobs to twist.

Just another opinion.

chas

DITTO!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#431168 - 04/29/17 02:15 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

There is no such thing as a perfect arranger...
Everyone has different wants and needs...

However, there is a thing like "my" perfect arranger
Recently i made a list of 10 features i would love to see in my perfect keyboard..
Arranger features only being one of the 10 wishes

- 8 preferably 9 sliders, with lights
- 8 encoders, limitless free programmable with lights
- 16 (drum)pads, programmable with several colors of lights
- 88 keys light piano action with escapement,
- aftertouch, modulation wheels/stick, and other realtime controlls
- build in high quallity sound engine(s)
- high end arpagiator/karma
- arranger styles and multipads and build in sequencer
- support for DAW comtrol and VST integration like VIP or NKS
- Audio over USB in and out

Now i am mapping these features on a whole list of keyboards to see which one comes closest... none of them come close to my wishlist

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/280/search-perfect-fit

Not even a combo of an 88 keys instrument with an arranger module would come close to perfect...altough i still have to map the non 88 key arrangers... featurewise, i guess a combination of Montage with ketron sd40 would be best fit...

I dont think i will ever see a perfect fit keyboard, unless i start designing one myself... arduin processor for the controll surface, windows 10, varranger, bitwig, gigperformer... could get me quite far... i think i do have the skills to make it work

But then, it would cost me many 100's or even 1000's of hours designing, and thats time i would much rather spend making music ...

Edited by Bachus (04/29/17 02:18 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431170 - 04/29/17 06:19 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
How about the customer being able to choose the different sound groups, like strings, brass, pianos, etc... and features, and either the manufacturer or seller, or perhaps, the customer downloads all these different things he wants. And voila! The ultimate tailor-made keyboard.

I got this idea from the early 1960s, when my father ordered a brand new car. In those days, he was able to tell the dealer exactly what he wanted, and a while later, the manufacturer would deliver the car to the dealer for my father to pick up. Nowadays, customers can simply download or activate all the sounds and features he wants directly from the manufacturer's website. Of course, the more sounds and features he adds, the more he pays. In other words, the hardware stays the same, but the software is personalized. And in the future, if he wants to add more, he's able to do so. Just an idea. smile

#431171 - 04/29/17 08:25 PM Re: Would a Worldwide SURVEY make the PERFECT Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Perfect is a stretch,.......BETTER then what we have is more of a probability,.....I know they are reading this thread so keep the ideas coming, eg: "I WISH THERE WAS"????????? etc, etc, ......one persons ideas won't do it but, if they see a trend and repetitious request for certain things and see there is a want and need worldwide by players and for what reasons just maybe some things will appear in future units for pros and home players alike...as pretty much we are talking Yamaha or KORG & even possibility Ketron, unless some others want to join in the mix from who knows where...

Edited by Dnj (04/29/17 08:26 PM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online