SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428458 - 02/02/17 08:37 AM What's the "second" maiden voyage called?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm taking the 4x out tonight. I'll use extra monitors.

I'm setting up way too much gear (because I can),
taking up way to much space on stage (because I can),
and probably playing many things that I usually don't (because I should).

My Thursday night venue (ok, ok, GIG) has many regulars, but also a bit of a transient crowd, later at night. I want to stretch myself, and see where the night takes me. It's not a typical place for me - not a dance hall, yet some DO dance. Not really known as a restaurant, but they DO serve excellent food, not a dive bar, but there ARE dart leagues, and pool leagues every week. It's a great place to experiment, and be creative ... showcase new material - all just five minutes from home. AND - they feed me. Yesssssssss

(note to PA4x) .... wow me.

#428459 - 02/02/17 09:00 AM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Korgman5
Unregistered

The Korg Pa4 should serve you well so have fun and eperiment !

Lloyd

#428466 - 02/02/17 10:40 AM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: ]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Best of luck.

Have been having good luck with my 4X

#428478 - 02/02/17 02:08 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hell, I thought you might have bought a sailboat, Dave. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#428480 - 02/02/17 02:27 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I want to stretch myself, and see where the night takes me.

Why not just do the "first" 'maiden voyage' (Herbie Hancock). That should 'stretch' you out.

chas

#428481 - 02/02/17 02:29 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
It's a great place to experiment, and be creative ... showcase new material -
(note to PA4x) .... wow me.

I would appreciate it if you shared some of your 'experimental' playlist with us ...

And Dave ... "(note to PA4x) .... wow me" ... "wow me" is what the Pa4X is saying to YOU !!! wink

#428482 - 02/02/17 02:46 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You beat me to it, Chas. You know, "great minds...." and all that.

R.

#428486 - 02/02/17 02:57 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm such a wuss. I decided against the 4x tonight, because I'm currently working a trade deal with a friend ... I don't want to temp the fates. I did, however set it up with an extra monitor, and I plan to turn off the internal speakers .... just to see if I can stand it. (Fingers crossed)
I'm spotlighting more of a "piano guy" approach tonight, as opposed to a "jam session" - less arrangements, fewer tracks etc - I want to see what I can do with just my hands and my voice. Seems like forever since I tried this. (except for the dueling piano deals, but that's just a lot of nonsense. Fortunately, nonsense pays very, very well.)

On another note: I am trying out the new Zoom Q2N video recorder tonight. I've been hearing and seeing some good things about it, so I'm going to give it a test run. I'll post something if it's any good.

#428490 - 02/02/17 04:35 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

dave cant wait to see the videos hurry!!

#428492 - 02/02/17 06:46 PM Re: What's the "second" maiden voyage called? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
How I would love to place my GoPro on your keyboard tonight, but alas, this is a bit impractical. I know it would do a great job recording everything.

Post those vids, Dave,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online