SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#421439 - 05/19/16 06:10 AM vArranger running in Mac
Torch Offline

I wonder if there is anyone running vArrnager in Mac. I have a Macbook Pro and I was wondering about it. Probably a Windows based tablet with touchscreen might be a better environment for vArranger.

Sometimes I run vArranger via Bluetooth midi from my Roland FR7x. The mi.1 Bluetooth midi sends midi from the FR7x to the iPad Air. The iPad forwards the incoming midi to my Lenovo Yoga by a USB cable using MusicIO. It works great, but it would be much better when the mi.1 can directly interact with Windows 10. I read both Microsoft and Quico Sound work towards it.

Edited by Torch (05/19/16 06:26 AM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#421455 - 05/19/16 11:39 AM Re: vArranger running in Mac [Re: Torch]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
vArranger will work on a Mac with Windows on it....

For now Only Korg has developed a midi over bluetooth driver for Windows 10

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#421508 - 05/20/16 08:34 PM Re: vArranger running in Mac [Re: DAN.2000]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Torch,
I ran vArranger on my MacBook Pro for about a year. I was surprised how much better Windows ran on my MacBook than it did on my PC laptop or PC desktop. I now use a Windows touch screen laptop for vArranger because the touch screen works really well with vArranger.

Deane

#421551 - 05/21/16 04:11 PM Re: vArranger running in Mac [Re: hammer]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Torch,
I ran vArranger on my MacBook Pro for about a year. I was surprised how much better Windows ran on my MacBook than it did on my PC laptop or PC desktop. I now use a Windows touch screen laptop for vArranger because the touch screen works really well with vArranger.

Deane
Yes, I fully agree that the touch screen is the way to go with vArranger. I am looking for a 15 inch touchscreen tablet.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online