SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#419647 - 04/11/16 10:15 AM Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell)
Bachus Offline

Finally a usefull demo...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#419648 - 04/11/16 10:53 AM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

What's going on here? Schinck changing over from Roland to Dexibell and Dexibell reinventing their own Roland Europe arranger business through the back door?

#419653 - 04/11/16 01:28 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
What's going on here? Schinck changing over from Roland to Dexibell and Dexibell reinventing their own Roland Europe arranger business through the back door?

Schmick was employed by Roland Europe, and they are no longer..

So he might as well have joined his old Roland friends over at Dexibell... Rebranding their former Roland technollogy in new products Xmure and dexibell...

I think the Xmure technollogy must have been Roland Europes answer to Ketron audya styles... And now is rebranded under a new name...

#419655 - 04/11/16 01:34 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

how does this compare to Varranger?

#419656 - 04/11/16 01:36 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Not at all...

A) its fully audio based
b) does not support midi styles
C) does not run on PC but on IOS
D) comes with 3 styles, the rest you need to buy trough IOS/applestore
E) you can not set up keyboards to controll the performances, need to use the touchscreen

#419657 - 04/11/16 01:44 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: rosetree

Schmick was employed by Roland Europe, and they are no longer..

So he might as well have joined his old Roland friends over at Dexibell... Rebranding their former Roland technollogy in new products Xmure and dexibell...

I think the Xmure technollogy must have been Roland Europes answer to Ketron audya styles... And now is rebranded under a new name...

According to his Xing profile he has been, and still is, "Musical consultant" for "Roland (www.roland.com)". But obviously he has shifted his freelance activity towards Dexibell and also expanded his general freelance activities in music. Like this one:
https://youtu.be/cp71mz_BlHo

#419662 - 04/11/16 02:54 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Not at all...

A) its fully audio based
E) you can not set up keyboards to controll the performances, need to use the touchscreen
At first, I was excited to see Xmure, and it was before I purchased vArranger.
Audio Based - This is more of a curse than a blessing. The instrument sounds of the styles are not necessarily better than fine modules such as Ketron. Also, each style(becuase it is audio)takes up a lot of memory storage in IOS devices where memory is limited and expensive. It was an interesting idea but implemented for the wrong deivce IMHO. BTW, BIAB Real Tracks are like 70 GB! That's quite a bit even for a notebook/desktop. Anyway, each Xmure style is a dollar, it sure adds up. There are tons of styles out there and none of it can be used in Xmure. I thought vArranger was pricey, but not anymore. Now I can see vArranger is worth its price and more with the all the free updates and prompt support. Xmure can be pretty expensive as one buys more styles. In addition to the cost, I would not like "losing" so much IOS storage space to Xmure audio styles. I'd say that a quality sound library of 1GB that can play thousands of styles (which take up so little room) would be the way to go - especially more so for portable devices.

I'd rather pay $100 to $200 for an IOS version of vArranger if Dan ever embarks on the project.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#419684 - 04/11/16 09:44 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch

Not at all...

A) its fully audio based
At first, I was excited to see Xmure, and it was before I purchased vArranger.
Audio Based - This is more of a curse than a blessing. The instrument sounds of the styles are not necessarily better than fine modules such as Ketron. Also, each style(becuase it is audio)takes up a lot of memory storage in IOS devices where memory is limited and expensive. It was an interesting idea but implemented for the wrong deivce IMHO. BTW, BIAB Real Tracks are like 70 GB! That's quite a bit even for a notebook/desktop. Anyway, each Xmure style is a dollar, it sure adds up. There are tons of styles out there and none of it can be used in Xmure. I thought vArranger was pricey, but not anymore. Now I can see vArranger is worth its price and more with the all the free updates and prompt support. Xmure can be pretty expensive as one buys more styles. In addition to the cost, I would not like "losing" so much IOS storage space to Xmure audio styles. I'd say that a quality sound library of 1GB that can play thousands of styles (which take up so little room) would be the way to go - especially more so for portable devices.

I'd rather pay $100 to $200 for an IOS version of vArranger if Dan ever embarks on the project.

Dann probably realises noboddy is ever going to pay €500 for an apple ipad app... Because thats the price required to make the same kind of money as he does now...

And there is not enough interest in an arranger app to sell it at a lower price and still make money

#419686 - 04/11/16 10:26 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

I do not know anything about programming, but IOS versiions of Desktop apps are always much cheaper. Also, I'd say that even though an IOS version will always be a "lite" version, it will sell a lot more than its Desktop version due to lower prices and the sheer potential of buyers.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#419688 - 04/11/16 11:07 PM Re: Xmure audio arranger for ipad (by dexibell) [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch
I do not know anything about programming, but IOS versiions of Desktop apps are always much cheaper. Also, I'd say that even though an IOS version will always be a "lite" version, it will sell a lot more than its Desktop version due to lower prices and the sheer potential of buyers.

IoS versions in general are indeed slim versions of the desktop versions... However, most important reasons that they are cheep are...

a) a good and needed app will easilly sale millions of times
b) people are in general not prepared to pay more then a few $ for an app, and from every $ there is 30 cents that go to apple..

For the majorrity of app programmers there is barely any money to be made...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online