SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364761 - 04/10/13 06:22 PM Interesting observation
shim Offline

Loc: USA
I noticed that many (most) styles on the pa3x have the tracks at almost full volume. Hence people think the korg sounds more "live".

The Yamaha on the other hand, has the drums at (usually) less then 90. along with the other tracks at moderate volumes.

Just a thought: Perhaps if you "remix" and raise the volumes on yamaha, it will also sound (more) live...

Thought i'd share that with you guys

#364763 - 04/10/13 06:40 PM Re: Interesting observation [Re: shim]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Ahh yes but Korg also make use of CC11 (expression) in all styles, so even if the volumes are at 127, the CC11 for all parts is usually at around 90-111, depending on the mix they are trying to achieve.

So no getting around it, the Korg styles are still ahead wink

#364768 - 04/10/13 11:43 PM Re: Interesting observation [Re: shim]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Korg arrangers have more presence, not only in the styles, but also as far as sounds are concerned: I have sampled sounds from my Tyros 2 (before selling it) and in my PA2X-Pro they sound better, meaning that they tend to have more "body" and stand out, while in the Tyros they were more "hollow". This could also depend on the fact that the PA2X has a real synthesizer engine inside, that lets you elaborate a sound in ways a Tyros can only dream about.
Generalizing, one could say that all Yamahas (and especially the Tyros) are designed to sound very good out of the box, in order to please their target customers (people who just want to sit down and play the instrument), while Korgs are designed more for people who like to tweak or even edit parameters.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online