SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#319687 - 03/20/11 09:53 AM Hi there!
Tostie Offline

I usually just read this forum, but i managed to recover/remember an account i created a long time ago.
To give you a brief introduction: My real name is Joost (you pronounce it like Yoast), 20 years old and i live in the Netherlands. I once (1999) started on a PSR-540, switched to a G-70, Fantom-G8 and i currently own a Yamaha Tyros4. I've had music lessons for more than 9 years: 8 years of keyboard lessons and 1,5 year of pop/jazz piano.

Since i saw my own video's passing by several times i decided to post something myself. smile It's a classic improvisation recorded on-the-fly. I only used the OTS presets. Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Joost

#319698 - 03/20/11 11:42 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Joost, interesting to discover that though you've been a SZ member since 2006, you've only posted 10 times. I can only suppose you've been saving all that time up to blow us away now with your Tyros 4 improvisation. When I close my eyes and listen I'm transported to you performing at Carnegie Hall. Joost, not only are you a technically proficient player, but your ability to adapt to the T4's limited 61 note real estate is equally impressive. On top of that, you play with great feeling & passion. Bravo! clap

Was your performance recorded on the Tyros 4 hard disk recorder while simultaneously using the HD VidCam to record the video (and audio?), and then later syncing the Tyros 4 recorded wav audio (and not the audio from the VidCam ) with the video in the mixdown? Please share what equipment/software was used as well as your recording process.

Also, which Tyros 4 piano voice(s) and auto accompaniment style(s) did you utilize for your performance? The only thing I didn't care for is the thin tinny sound of the piano voice at 4:27 - 4:30.

Joost, Rachmaninoff certainly lives! in your playing cool I even heard a hint of Brahms Hungarian Dance #5 in there too . wink

- Scott

#319699 - 03/20/11 11:43 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Just beautiful clap .....Keep them coming!!!
And of course, Welcome to the Forum. wink

#319703 - 03/20/11 12:52 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
Tostie Offline

Scott and mdorantes, thank you for the compliments :-)

For the recording of my songs i use the build-in HDD recorder for the audio and my DSLR (Canon EOS 550D, T2i in the United States) for the video. I synchronize both audio and video together in Adobe Premiere (CS5).

I usually use the standard OTS presets, since i'm not a big fan of programming. In this video the first piano is the OctavePiano1 and in the second part the ConcertGrand (main piano). I saw many discussion concerning the Yamaha keyboard piano sound (you guys take it serious, Roland vs Yamaha vs Korg vs Ketron!). My opinion: the piano sound is not as good as the Roland piano's... But on the other hand, all other sounds are (way) better on the Yamaha when i compare them with my G-70 and more recently owned Fantom-G8. That's also the reason why i sold both.
In the end it's always a matter of personal taste.

Best Regards,

Joost

Edited by Tostie (03/20/11 12:53 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

#319704 - 03/20/11 01:12 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
Dnj Offline

Joost ...... clap a brilliant moving performance on the T4...very enjoyable. I see you have no problem on a 61 when playing piano also...great job...welcome to SZ ...hope to see many more.

#319721 - 03/20/11 05:44 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
very lovely music. keep posting!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#319724 - 03/20/11 06:18 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Very Beautiful Joost!! Congratulations!

You really make the T4 shine and illustrate those wonderful orchestral and vocal voices. The piano sounds awesome too.

Please, please please, post more!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#319728 - 03/20/11 08:31 PM Re: Hi there! [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Tostie,

Your heading "Hi There" you need to put something better, I nearly did not look at it. There are stars out there that are prepared to post their work, you rank up there with Telmo, Brilliant. Bet you are glad you went for the lessons. I closed my eyes and it does not sound like a KB to me. Yamaha have do an excellent job on the T4, good the here what a lot of us think getting rid on the Fantom & G70. (The exocet has got my name on it , head down)

Like Donny says the 61 KB doesn't appear to give a professional any problem so why do some moan about it when they can’t even play 76 notes they have got , well they don’t post it here

Please, please send some more, there is little as it is and even the demonstrators will not play like this unless you go to one of the full organized demos.

Tony

Edited by Tony Hughes (03/20/11 08:32 PM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319737 - 03/21/11 03:06 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Joost,
Beautiful, exceptional --- I feel I am a good player but when I listen to what I feel is an accomplished musician as yourself I’m humbled. You have full command of the keys and the ability to show tender expression. Five ***** to you.

How is it possible to download some of your music?
I so appreciate good talent, John C.

#319759 - 03/21/11 07:56 AM Re: Hi there! [Re: Tostie]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Beautifully done ... clap clap clap

Edited by tony mads usa (03/21/11 07:56 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online