#318192 - 03/03/11 10:32 AM US prices of Korg PA3X and Tyros 4
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well.
USA MAP prices look like:
PA3X - 61 $3,699
PA3X - 7 $3,999

Yamaha T4 $4,999

So, The MAP price of the new PA3X is $300 more for the 76 version...SAME for the 61 vesrion As the PA2XPRO.

Of course these are not street prices....whichare a lot less.

Why is Yamaha's MAP $4,999 ???

#318195 - 03/03/11 11:46 AM Re: US prices of Korg PA3X and Tyros 4 [Re: leeboy]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
MAP: Manufacterers Advertised Price

This is the lowest price dealers are allowed (by the manufacterer) to publically advertise the product for.
Depending on the dealer, the actual negotiated street price will be "much less".
I suspect the $4,900 Tyros4 MAP price set by Yamaha is simply to give customers the impression they got a good deal even if they paid $4,500, and perhaps an attempt to prolong the long reputed exessive profit margins dealers were getting on organs of yester year. Korg, perhaps without that older organ marketing history, has thankfully avoided that oudated tactic. Nonetheless, the actual negotiated street price between a 61 note PA3X and Tyros 4 should be fairly close, with the PA3X a little (but not a lot) less.

Despite the unimpressive demos heard so far, I think the PA3X will give Tyros 4 a run for the money once people hear it thru a decent PA system or directly recorded thru the PA3X's line outs. The biggest blunder on Korg's part has been their insistence on showcasing the PA3X thru the optional add on speakers. What a mistake ! One thing for sure, and as I did with Tyros 4: if I purchase a PA3X, I'll definitely pass up on the optional add on speakers.

#318197 - 03/03/11 12:03 PM Re: US prices of Korg PA3X and Tyros 4 [Re: leeboy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Korg's biggest blunder has been letting the darn thing 'escape' into the wild before it was finished, and no professional demos prepared to repair whatever damage a bad amateur one can inflict. Yamaha managed a fine PRINT campaign for the T4 in the months before its release. Tight control, the odd TINY audio snippet of new sounds, then silence until shipping....

That's the way to do it!

I think Korg have overestimated the intelligence of their audience, allowing us unvarnished access before the product and marketing was ready. And that's something you can NEVER say of Yamaha!

#318216 - 03/03/11 01:21 PM Re: US prices of Korg PA3X and Tyros 4 [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Don't forget the optional $600.00 speaker syetm too.

#318218 - 03/03/11 01:30 PM Re: US prices of Korg PA3X and Tyros 4 [Re: leeboy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, the Tyros's is $300. This thing is a LOT bigger, perhaps worth it, perhaps not. Hardly a substitute for a good set of nearfields, anyway!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online