SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#313556 - 01/22/11 10:34 PM Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's none other than our very own Synthzone member Frankieve smile (Frank Ventresca, owner of AudioWorks) having fun checking out the new Korg Pa3X at Namm last weekend.
Kudos to sz member & buddy Tapas Das for capturing this on his VidCam for us. Good job guys! cool

#313574 - 01/23/11 12:43 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Is so good to see our friend Frank, very intense checking out the PA3X.Perhaps he will post soon some of his observations on this board since the demos did not say much.
Kudos Frankie...
From Phoenix AZ

#313587 - 01/23/11 05:38 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: mdorantes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mdorantes
Is so good to see our friend Frank, very intense checking out the PA3X.Perhaps he will post soon some of his observations on this board since the demos did not say much.
Kudos Frankie...
From Phoenix AZ

nice to see you playing the pa3x Frank also.......but man that speaker thingy hanging is hugh eek

#313599 - 01/23/11 09:30 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Woah - Korg has dedicated "Tower of Power" presets? I'm in!

#313600 - 01/23/11 09:38 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Uncle Dave]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Why cant they make (or want) make any decent demo's of the Korg ?
All sound terrible ,and they Al show the same style's and sounds.

Impuls

#313614 - 01/23/11 10:21 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Impuls]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Impuls

Impuls

Love the disco ball smile....and I agree totally with your post..
Korg needs better demonstators and much more versatility in showing off new products.

Not Frank of course I wish he kept going on the video.

Edited by Dnj (01/23/11 10:22 AM)

#313647 - 01/23/11 02:49 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Impuls]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Impuls

Impuls

There will be smile

At the "Official" release at MusikMesse. This showing at NAMM was a "soft" release. More designed to get more traction and pre-release marketing in the USA than anywhere else, for the launch in April.

That is why there is still no data available on KorgPA. It gets updated when Korg officially release a new arranger type product or upgrade.

I would be willing to wager that about two weeks out from MM, we will start to see the "serious" Korg marketing promotion stuff on KorgPA.

Dennis

#313660 - 01/23/11 05:09 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: miden]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
but those demos have actuially done the Korg PA damage. You cant go head to head with the Tyros at the same venue and sound as mediocre as they have and hope to build up interest at a later date. This was veru bad marketing if it was intentional. I actually dont think the Korg will sound any better when compared to the Tyros 4. I have heard enough for me to come to the conclusion that Korg lost this round to yamaha in terms of sound and realism.

#313666 - 01/23/11 06:28 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yeah I agree Spalding, totally...I have a suspicion that having this (PA3) at NAMM was sorta kinda forced upon Korg USA..

Not to mention they also maybe got wind of the Tyros 4 being extensively demo'd, and by an expert as well!! And maybe thought if they at least had the PA3 at NAMM it MAY persuade dealers to hold back a bit on orders, and also to sway any buyers from choosing the Yammie to soon??? MM is not that far away.

Hence the quickly slapped together demo by a Korg guy who really didn't know his way around the keyboard.

Why they would even think that with the quality of the demos it would generate hype is beyond me... But I guess they were trying to make it's presence known.

Only time will tell if it was a mistake or not. MKost importantly with US sales later in the year.

Dennis

#313681 - 01/23/11 10:21 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
It may not be the professional lauch that we would all have hoped for, but I suspect that potential arranger buyers will be intrigued enough from what we've seen to at least check it out before buying a T4 or something else.

I am, for one.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online