SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#271182 - 09/15/09 12:36 PM I Loath you mR.wEST
mr9000 Offline

A pathetic piece of steaming elephant sized dung heap mr kayne west..ok,you may now continue in your ego fest lo these many months of lack luster music,rant now overcome by completeness.

#271183 - 09/15/09 12:53 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You're right. He's pretty pathetic. And i don't even like country music. The little girl deserved more courtesy than that.

R.

#271184 - 09/15/09 03:04 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
When we have sunk so low as to have a Congressman shout 'You lie!' to the President of our country, does (or even should) anyone really care what is said to a country singer?

What is disgusting is that, in all probability, Kanye or Serena Williams (another shining example of what passes for American 'values') is likely to pay a higher price for their childish behavior than the Congressman.

Which, in a way, probably reflects the importance we put as a society on each of these petulant losers...

#271185 - 09/15/09 03:29 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
124 Offline

Diki, I know you'll agree that the U.S. doesn't have any exclusives when it comes to a general disrespect component of society, so don't feel bad about it happening in your country. It seems to be a global attitude.

#271186 - 09/15/09 03:57 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
124 is right. We've all witnessed everything from shouting matches to outright barroom-type brawls, in legislative bodies in Asia, Europe, and South America. Maybe it's something in the global water supply or maybe we, as a global society, just seem to take one step back socially, for every one step forward technologically. I think the anonymity of the Internet has emboldened us to the point that we think it's ok to be rude even when we're not hiding behind a computer screen. We're becoming more and more accepting of bad behavior (or maybe just jaded); witness the shoe throwing incident with President Bush and the 'hero's welcome' greeting the offender after little more than a wrist-slap for punishment; or the release and subsequent 'hero's welcome' afforded the Lockerbie bomber after the mass murder of nearly 300 fellow human beings. Sure, Kanye West is an easy target for us to vent on, but what we should really be concerned about is the global deterioration of just plain old good manners and respect for each other as fellow inhabitants of this planet. JMO.

chas

#271187 - 09/15/09 04:20 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Dnj Offline

Too late for that now....look around you we're doomed....JMO

I'd rather go here....
http://tinyurl.com/p2j5ee

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-15-2009).]

#271188 - 09/15/09 06:03 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
124 is right. We've all witnessed everything from shouting matches to outright barroom-type brawls, in legislative bodies in Asia, Europe, and South America. Maybe it's something in the global water supply or maybe we, as a global society, just seem to take one step back socially, for every one step forward technologically. I think the anonymity of the Internet has emboldened us to the point that we think it's ok to be rude even when we're not hiding behind a computer screen. We're becoming more and more accepting of bad behavior (or maybe just jaded); witness the shoe throwing incident with President Bush and the 'hero's welcome' greeting the offender after little more than a wrist-slap for punishment; or the release and subsequent 'hero's welcome' afforded the Lockerbie bomber after the mass murder of nearly 300 fellow human beings. Sure, Kanye West is an easy target for us to vent on, but what we should really be concerned about is the global deterioration of just plain old good manners and respect for each other as fellow inhabitants of this planet. JMO.

chas

Chas, you may be onto something here. I think technology has enabled us to be more insular, with the consequence that we're forgetting, and new generations not even learning, about what it takes to just plain get along. The skillset required for decent interaction is fading away. Hell, we don't even play in bands anymore!

#271189 - 09/15/09 06:25 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
Dnj Offline

Society has made this jerk a multimillionaire you think he cares?

#271190 - 09/15/09 07:30 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
.... but what we should really be concerned about is the global deterioration of just plain old good manners and respect for each other as fellow inhabitants of this planet. JMO.

chas

chas... you are SO right with that statement ... I have been saying for years that starting with young people, all societies are being TAUGHT to be disrespectful and desensitized to feelings of guilt ... just watch any 'kids' show and see how disrespectful they are to each other and to adults ... and as for video games !!! ... don't get me started on that ... ... As a grandfather I keep praying that it's not too late ... but I don't only pray, I also try to TEACH !!! ...
t.

#271191 - 09/15/09 08:03 PM Re: I Loath you mR.wEST
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Society has made this jerk a multimillionaire you think he cares?

Of course he doesn't. Isn't he about to open up a tour? This was a pure publicity stunt. It got him on Leno quick enough, got his mug out there, didn't it? I hit the switch on the TV right there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online