SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#260100 - 03/20/09 10:30 AM I hope Ketron can pull it off!
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I have methodically listened to all the demos of the Yamaha Tyros 3, Korg PA2x pro and Roland GW-8. I have done a detailed analysis of all the different models features. I then brought Ketron's (soon to be released) Audya into the comparison. If the Audya is going to be priced at around $5000, then there is no way that the Audya can compete in this current economic market. The competition has got the jump on Ketron during it's long 3 year development period.

I hope Ketron can survive but they have to be very careful with their pricing.

#260101 - 03/20/09 12:19 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
leezone Offline

$3,999.99 and i may buy AUDYA,
BUT i have to spend an entire day with it to test it

#260102 - 03/20/09 12:50 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My major concern (other than the price) with an Audya would be whether the ROM styles cover my musical needs, and if there are any holes in the style selection, or insufficient selection in any particular style category, whether Ketron themselves are introducing new styles (especially those Live Drums styles) at a sufficient rate and variety to convince me that whatever is currently lacking WILL get filled in eventually...

Roland and Yamaha, and to a lesser degree Korg, all have VERY extensive legacy libraries, third party commercial and user created libraries. Your chance of finding good styles in any particular genre seem much greater there.

If the ROM styles have you good to go, the Audya looks amazing (with an amazing price, too!), but if you do a lot of music that it doesn't have, your options might be a bit smaller...

#260103 - 03/20/09 01:02 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
As with all manufactures boards, you buy what suits you, and not what someone else or the manufacture tells you that you should have. (Still no substitute for trying one yourself before making a decision though)

Regards

Bill

#260104 - 03/20/09 01:09 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I see many people say IF THE ROOM STYLES SUIT ME...what about people like me?
Where we dont even use not a Single style or sound on the machine???
How do we evaluate a synth? Lets take Audya or PA2X for example...CRAP!
As they come from factory they are both CARP!!! Useles piece of metal, nothing
for me in it...and should i value it like that cuz of that???

#260105 - 03/20/09 01:54 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
leezone Offline

i just wanna, say that there is NO arranger in the world that has everything everyone needs, all the styles all the sounds

i understand it's almost impossible to satisfy everyone,,,,

with this said, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that WE have the tools necessary to easily CREATE OUR OWN styles,
the software for both the computer and the keyboard itself

THIS we do not yet have with the AUDYA,
THIS to me is the #1 MISSING piece of the puzzle
THIS should be KETRON's #1 priority at this time.

#260106 - 03/20/09 01:56 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
leezone Offline

Nedim,

you have done nothing but praise this great AUDYA keyboard

now you say it's CRAP and a useless piece of metal?

when you get yours, which you should have by now, can i'd gladly take that CRAP off your hands?

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 03-20-2009).]

#260107 - 03/20/09 01:56 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nedim..., sadly these companies who make the boards FOR YOU always seem to make that board from their LOW END. There's Yammie's OR S model, Korg's PA-500-OR, and Roland Had the OR version of the EXR line. The new Roland GW has several models, but again a low end model that's really more a preset machine.

Sadly you can't find a Tyros OR, PA (pro model.., OR) or G-70-OR.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-20-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#260108 - 03/20/09 03:15 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Leezone, sadly English is my second language and more sadly most of you who speak English
better then me fail to understand me even when i speak completely correct English, post check
by a friend before posted. Read again why i said crap and you will understand.
Squeak you are right but whats even more sad is that Korg makes its money from communities
like mine, which was oficially said by Korg that the biggest existing market for PA right now is
Turkey by itself and only Turkey...all cuz of people like me, we take the machines and turn
them into something else. I hope now Lee understands my point. And the machine like PA500OR,
PSRA1000, S700OR are actually toys and they dont even sell in oriental countries.

#260109 - 03/22/09 02:00 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Nedim.

You will NOT see a Pa2X TR simply because the market you believe is the biggest in the world is NOT what you think it is.

There is a very good reason why all TR editions are made from the lower end keyboards and a lot of that has to do with customer feedback, money, and the market it's directed at. If KORG are selling as many as you say, then looks like they got the balance right.

If you want more, then you will have to look elsewhere because your in the minority and you will have a long wait before you see anyone developing flagship arrangers for your market.

Your one of the very few people who can design and create their own styles. You also know the art of sampling very well so really you have all the tools inside yourself to make any flagship arranger into the ultimate “TR”.

So what's stopping you from doing that ?.

Get yourself a Pa2x and a V-Machine and never look back mate. If you don't do something about this yourself you will never be happy.

Regards.
James

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online