SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#228510 - 03/03/08 01:12 PM Style Question
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I play a Korg PA1X. So if I download styles and want to delete a few styles from the set and keep others is that possible? Can sets be combined to create one set from several?

Thanks to anyone who replies - new to the PA1X - played a Yamaha PSR3000 and I am not yet up to speed on the possibilities.

Hammer

#228511 - 03/03/08 05:01 PM Re: Style Question
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Hammer:

The easy way, perhaps may take a few more steps, but you will achieve what you want:

You need to LOAD EACH style NOT the whole Bank....to do that, I assume that you have a Floppy disk with the Style Set.
1.- Press LOAD ONE time, then select the Set you want to have access then...
2.- Press OPEN, then select User # (1,2 or 3), then press Open again, that will give you a View of the 16 individual styles that are in that bank (16 if it is a full bank), then select the style you want, then press LOAD, the next step is for you to assign the Location you want that could be any of the User Banks #1,2 or 3 (16 location in each) or perhaps you want to replace some of the Factory styles you may never use. For that, before you start the load procedure, you must go to Disk and then in the last page or one before, you see GLobal Preferences, de-select or disable the Factory style protection, the steps to follow are the same, only at the time to select the location to Load the Individual style, it will give you access to the Factory style Banks, be careful and, before you do anything, I advise you to write down the locations you want to have the new style or replace, do not trust you memory.
Anyway, in the Korg and Ketron arrangers, you have the option to replace the factory styles, of course, if you do that, I recommend strongly to make a Backup (OS that may take several floppies since it will save all the Factory styles, etc.), the reason is because the Save All, only saves Performances, User Styles, Pads, Samples, but does NOT save the changes you may have made in the Factory style area.
Enjoy your Korg as much as I am too.
Send me an email if you need further assistance.

Manuel Dorantes in Phoenix Az.

------------------
mdorantes

#228512 - 03/03/08 06:04 PM Re: Style Question
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Manuel,

First thanks - just what I needed to get started. I have listened to your recordings on another forum - really good stuff. Some of the best I have heard. If I ever get to Phoenix I will surely look you up.

Again, Thanks,
Hammer

#228513 - 03/04/08 10:57 AM Re: Style Question
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
new to the PA1X - played a Yamaha PSR3000 and I am not yet up to speed on the possibilities.

Hammer

I'm kind of the same position with you, bought PA1X PRo elite for 5 months now, couldn't really quite get in to it, still play the gig with SD1, since you live in Denton, if you perform at a public place, please let me know, I like to go see PA1X playing live

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online