SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#222629 - 12/08/07 06:55 PM What's going on south of the border??
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Murdered Mexican trumpeter 3rd musician killed in a week...

Last Updated: Friday, December 7, 2007 | 2:24 PM ET

CBC News

A trumpet player was found dead with his hands and feet bound and a nylon bag over his head in southern Mexico, the third murder of a musician in Mexico in less than a week.

Jose Luis Aquino, 33, played for 14 years with Los Conde, which was founded in Tututepec, Oaxaca, and later moved to the resort town of Puerto Escondido.

Aquino was found in southern Mexico, unlike two earlier victims discovered last weekend — Sergio Gomez, a singer with K-Paz de la Sierra, and singer Zayda Pena — who were found in a northern province of the country.

On Thursday, Grammy organizers announced that Gomez and another murdered singer, Valentin Elizalde, have been nominated posthumously for Grammy Awards in the banda category.

K-Paz de la Sierra's album, Conquistando Corazones, and Elizalde's most recent effort, Lobo Domesticado, both earned nominations.

Aquino, whose death was announced Thursday, had been hit repeatedly on the head, according to the Oaxaca state attorney general's office.
________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder why they're singling out musicians??

Very mystifying to say the least. It used to be where you could go south of the border without any real repercussions. I use to go every so often to Tiajuana to shop and occasionally to Baja's capital city Mexicali. Not anymore.. There are too many horror stories cropping up about Americans being fleeced or shot at or wrongfully jailed, and even murdered. >> That's the thanks we get for letting a quarter of their population flood into our country to find a better life I guess. And now they're starting to pick on their own people by knocking off three musicians in less than a week!?!?!? Too weird...

Best,
Mike

#222630 - 12/09/07 06:27 AM Re: What's going on south of the border??
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
That's the thanks we get for letting a quarter of their population flood into our country to find a better life I guess. And now they're starting to pick on their own people by knocking off three musicians in less than a week!?!?!? Too weird...

Best,
Mike

No, that's the thanks we get for kicking them out, murder some of them after they crossed the border, raping women, and deporting the parents leaving US citizen kids without them.

Anyway it's a complicated issue, the mexican singers that are being murder, some innocent some not, are linked most of the time to "narco's" either you sing and play for them, and get involved or you die.

I use to travel all the way from Dallas to the border and then into MExico[Michoacan, Gunajuato, Zacatecas, Colima, Jalico etc.] I used to drive all the way, I don't' do it anymore.

Also a female Singer was killed 2 weeks ago, she was shot, and left for dead, she survived and was taken to the hospital, and later murdered[shot again several times] at the hospital presumably by the same person.
http://www.univision.com/content/videoplayer.jhtml;jsessionid=HAJCNLVCFVK20CWIAANSFFIKZAABYIWC?cid=1366534
Info is in soanish

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#222631 - 12/09/07 07:46 PM Re: What's going on south of the border??
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
We wouldn't have to keep kicking them out Vilo if they started coming here "legally" instead of illegally. The United States has laws and we have a constitution based on the rule of law. Mexico has laws too. And they don't allow Americans or anyone else to come into their country and live, except through a legal process; and if someone tried to do otherwise they would be arrested and deported from Mexico as well. Let the truth be known that America has been and continues to be the only country in the whole world that has been as kind and compassionate to other people from other walks of life in letting them come here (through legal means of course) to better themselves and to start a new life, and even at some point to become American citizens if they so desire. No other country has ever had such an ethnic diverse society as America has. And we are proud of that fact. But our rule of law dictates that it be done through legal means and not indiscriminately or through illegal means. In other words if you want to come to America you need to go through the legal process and get in line like everybody else has had to do over the centuries. Respect our laws Mexico. We respect yours.

Nuff said..

It's amazing to me in this day and age how the Mexican mafia can so brazenly and indiscriminately snuff out someones life for such petty nonsensical reasons. Case in point is the recent killings of those musicians, if indeed the mexican mafia did it. The reason why they do it in such bold fashion might be the fact that only the outlaws are the ones that have guns in Mexico. Besides the policia and militar that is. When the bad guys are the only ones packing heat I can see why there are such frightening things going on down south i.e. drug wars, rampant killings of government officials and police or anyone else that gets in the criminals and/or mexican mafia's way. Because the average citizen cannot adequately defend themselves against such atrocities the mexican mafia and other thugs can do what they want without a real fear of reprisal. And consequently, because of the violence, Mexico is being portrayed by other countries as chaotic, lawless, and therefore not visitor friendly. And it has only happened within the last decade or so from what I've gathered. Their loss, not ours. I will spend my money here in America thank you. As will a multitude of other Americans that no longer choose to venture south of the border because of the chaotic situation taking place down there.

Presidente Felipe Calderon is trying hard to crack down on the bad guys and I commend him in his endeavors. But he has a long way to go in my opinion. At least he is trying though, which is encouraging.

Best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online