SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#102078 - 02/13/07 07:01 AM Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
You can go to www.korgpa.com and download the new 3.0 operating system which gives a PA1X or PA1XPRO all the new features of the PA800 except for polyphony and sample ram specifications. All other features and compatability are now the same, including the 16 oscillators per voice, the 3 endings, the individual EQ's for each style track, etc.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#102079 - 02/13/07 08:42 AM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Copy & Paste:

Pa1X OS 3.0 released

OSIMO, Italy — Operating System Version 3.0 for the Pa1X, Pa1X Pro and Pa1X Elite, Korg's flagship arranger keyboards, is now available.

The new operating system include:

**Support for long file names. You are no longer limited to the classic format 8.3, all capitals. Now names can be as long as you like, and mix upper and lower case characters. Names of files trasferred via USB or CD from a personal computer will not be cut into shorter names, and will look exactly as the original.

**Easier way to start recording Songs from any measure. Go on recording your Song. If you want to do second-pass recording, starting from a measure different than the first one, you are no longer asked to move to that measure using the Fast Forward command. Just choose the new starting measure with the Start Measure parameter, and go on recording from there.

**Up to 16 oscillators per Sound. Create Sounds as sophisticate as you like. In the Pa1X, each oscillator is a different sound at all. You can either create very rich sounds, or add as many dynamic layers as you like, for the highest degree of nuance in a single sound.

**Smarter pre-selection of Style Elements. You can now select a different Variation just before jumping to a different Style. The Variation you choose will overtake the one memorized in the Style Performance.

**Faster SongBook operations. Huge SongBook files are now loaded and saved much quicker.

**Ending 3. A new, shorter ending is included. For those of you who prefer to cut short in the end.

**Revised user interface, with bigger buttons, bigger fonts and colored sliders.

**Enhanced Lyrics and Select pages, for better readibility.

**Revised Musical Resources, with various improvements and the new Ending 3 for Styles.

**Smarter Solo Mode, to be activated with Shift + Touch.

**Tempo Lock in Song Play mode, to quickly freeze Tempo and keep it the same in subsequent Songs.

**Contextual Help now available also in Dutch and Russian languages.

The new OS is released together with

a new set of piano sounds, featuring pedal resonance and RX noises, based on the same technology used in our recent C-Series of digital pianos and Pa800.

Also, a set of 64 new Styles is included.

And much more ....

OS 3.0 follows on from the powerful options and new OS features released since the introduction of the Pa1X series. Since its release, the Pa1X Pro has become the keyboard of choice for countless professional musicians worldwide who demand the very best. Korg promised an on going series of powerful and exciting new features for the Pa1X Series, and with 3.0 we continue to deliver on our promise.

OS 3.0 furthers our commitment to deliver RX Technology (Real Experience) at its most useful, not gimmicks to show off, but real world usefulness: what professional musicians need. This is why the Pa1X, Pa1X Pro and Pa1X Elite are the world’s leading Arranger Keyboards.

Have fun.

The Korg Team.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 02-13-2007).]

#102080 - 02/13/07 10:19 AM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Yamaha wake up

#102081 - 02/13/07 12:56 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
Yamaha wake up

You mean Korg wake up and bring the PA800 into the US market

#102082 - 02/13/07 02:31 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Roland and Korg...... putting to rest the notion that you need a software computer-based arranger to have significant OS upgrades, and that your arranger is finished with improvements the day you buy it.

Yamaha.... still stuck sucking the money out of it's users, as the only way to get improved performance is to buy a whole new keyboard....!

#102083 - 02/13/07 03:01 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Exactly

#102084 - 02/13/07 03:13 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Small OS updates like 3 are OK but you still have the same sound system, whereas with software based systems as well as getting many more features added, a new sound system can also be incorporated.
It is good to see hardware boards that can be updated, (All Wersi instruments produced since the company started in 1969 have had this capability, but even they pale in significance compared to the software based OAS instruments) however please remember that the updates are quite minor when compared to the updates you get on a software based instrument.
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

#102085 - 02/13/07 03:18 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
the korg pa800 has been at my store since Dec.10. I've had 18 units to sell so far. The popularity has been amazing so we never have anything in stock to sell. Customers are paying for them before I get them in.
(Retired 2021)

#102086 - 02/13/07 03:35 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
the korg pa800 has been at my store since Dec.10. I've had 18 units to sell so far. The popularity has been amazing so we never have anything in stock to sell. Customers are paying for them before I get them in.

george your store is unique ....try to find it anywhere else....or try to find a NON factory American video PA800 demo anywhere so you can play one, do you offer a 30/45 day return policy?....thats what Im talking about.....

#102087 - 02/13/07 03:53 PM Re: Korg PA1X Version 3.0 Available
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Abacus.... how much has it cost to upgrade OAS? Several hundred dollars, just for the last upgrade, if I remember correctly....?

These from Roland and Korg are FREE upgrades. Best of luck getting that from Wersi!

I can't talk too informatively about Korg, but since I bought my G70, Roland have added a parametric EQ on each and every Part; Style, Keyboard AND Song, an ENTIRELY new mode - Guitar Mode... nothing like it on any other arranger, and COMPLETELY new (and free!) to Roland. A completely new OTS system, now linked to styles, whether ROM or Internal or Card-based. And innumerable improvements in the OS for control and command.

A completely new, cross-platform Database Manager software (also free) and tons of new styles. An SRX slot allows the addition of VERY high quality sounds to the supposedly 'closed' sound-set, with Roland adding three or four new ones since I bought the G70.

Of COURSE it isn't capable of adding VSTi's, but what do you expect for free? Oh, that's right, as a Wersi owner, you don't expect ANYTHING for free......

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online