SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90436 - 09/26/06 05:42 AM Korg PA1X PRO vs PA1X problem....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi (I hope Paolo read this):
I have tried to make a performance like I had made in the PA 50,60, etc. I want to assign some sound FX in the PADs, I can do it in the PA1X-PRO, but in the almost identical twin, the PA1X (61 note & speakers built in) is not possible, it does not give me access to the preset sounds, only to the window in the 3 formats, HIT, Sequencer and User but not the preset sounds? I may add, that I have the latest OS install in all the units.
Is that because the PA1X does not have the HD?... I do not understand why?, also if is going to be the same in the PA 800?...I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

#90437 - 09/28/06 10:23 PM Re: Korg PA1X PRO vs PA1X problem....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Paolo, I hope you read this, I have done every kind of procedure in the PA1X, the PA1X-Pro I have no issue and works perfect, I even made the performance and save it and then loaded into the PA1X, and did not work, the 61 keys still does not show the FX sound bank, for that matter, it does not show any preset sound bank.
I hope you can help me. Thank you.

#90438 - 09/29/06 01:52 AM Re: Korg PA1X PRO vs PA1X problem....
ptram Offline

Hi,

Pa1X and Pa1X pro are identical, so there are no differences in editing.
The window you are describing is the one used to select Pads, not to edit them.
To assign a sound to a Pad track, you must access the Pad Record mode, and choose a sound from the small line with the label : "Pad Track:".

Best regards,
Paolo

#90439 - 09/29/06 06:54 AM Re: Korg PA1X PRO vs PA1X problem....
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Paolo,
This is off topic from this discussion but I really would like to know how a customer who owns a PA80 Ram or Rom Card which has samples and loops can get these to play in a PA1XPRO. Is there any way to transfer the contents of a card onto floppy disks and then load them into the internal sample ram on the PA1X? There are many customers not willing to give up their PA80's because nobody has been able to get around this problem. At the NAMM show 2 years ago I was told that if a customer would email there loops and sounds, Korg Italy's team would be able to convert these to be able to play in the PA1X but I've had customers do this with no reply from your team. Can you shed some light on this? With the PA800 coming and the PA80 probably leaving us, the need will be even greater to be able to convert these cards to work in the new keyboards. With the number of middle eastern musicians owning and using your PA80 and PA1X keyboards, this question comes up all the time at my store.
Thank You,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 09-29-2006).]
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online