SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175250 - 08/08/06 05:06 PM Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
wondering if anyone knows just how many psr .sty files can actually be transferred from p.c. into the keyboard. The keyboard appears to have a small flash memory for songs & possibly new styles??
I gather you can only "load" and play one user style at a time ( style 156) but on page 74 of the manual.
2. states " If multiple loadable style files have been transferred etc "

gives one the impression you can transferr a number of your favourite user styles across to the keyboard and then you just pick, & load the one you want to play as style 156.
It would be a pain to have to have the pc connected every time you want to load a user style, but if you can transferr a number of styles, that would be great.

best wishes
rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#175251 - 08/11/06 05:44 PM Re: Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Rikki,

You are correct. You can load a number of styles into the 403 but you can only assign one at a time to user style 156.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#175252 - 08/12/06 04:31 PM Re: Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Tim,
I gather you're basically limited only by by the size of the flash memory? so if you edited down a normal psr .sty file
( 4 variations, 3 intro/endings etc) down to just the 2 variations & 1 intro/ending etc you'd be able to fit more into the memory?
My dgx used to have a memory card where I was able to store the extra styles,flash memory aught to work well too.

How you going with it? Just found out they're supposedly becoming available here in september.

can't beleive the price considering all the functions.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Rikki,

You are correct. You can load a number of styles into the 403 but you can only assign one at a time to user style 156.

Tim

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#175253 - 08/12/06 06:34 PM Re: Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
CoasterTim Offline

Rikki,

The flash memory is only 373 kb in size, so you have to be very choosy as to what you load into it. I've added 11 songs and 5 styles and have room for a few more. I like the 403 a lot. At one time I had a Tyros and at another time I owned a psr3000. But for simple self-entertainment, I find this inexpensive keyboard very entertaining. No you can't mix and remix and there's no megavoices, but it's just a fun board for not thousands of $ but mere pocket change in comparison. That makes it even more amazing and worthwhile. Almost anyone can afford it.

Tim

#175254 - 08/12/06 08:39 PM Re: Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Tim,
songs I probably wouldn't bother storing anyway, but if it's actually possible to use the whole 373kb's for styles, you'd be surprised how many you could probably fit.

I've just checked thru some of my earlier psr styles, a lot of them are only between 8 to 12kb's. Edit them down even further by removing the 2 extra variation's , fills, intro's/endings and conceivably the size of the file could be halved, which would allow transferring even more styles into flash.
You don't need onboard editing etc anyway, as it can be done with p.c. software.

I originally bought my dgx305 as a "portable" controller for my softsynth/software arranger setup, only problem was 76 notes wasn't all that portable (haa haa) I couldn't fit it in the car without leaving hubby behind.
Thinking maybe one of these could be a lot of fun. A $250?? psr workstation when combined with something like OMB software.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoasterTim:
[B]Rikki,

The flash memory is only 373 kb in size, so you have to be very choosy as to what you load into it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#175255 - 08/13/06 03:46 PM Re: Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
CoasterTim Offline

Rikki,
My PSR403 died today! Left channel gone. Took it back to Sam Ash and they immediately gave me a new one - in the box!
(I originally bought it off the shelf) So now it's Christmas all over! I hope this one lasts a lot longer.

Tim

#175256 - 08/13/06 07:31 PM Re: Psr e403 "loading user styles ???"
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Tim,
that's a bit scary. Now you can start afresh. Hopefully you didn't lose anything important.
Great that they gave you a new one, just like that.
Good luck with this one, at least no one has fooled around with it if it's still packaged.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoasterTim:
[B]Rikki,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online