SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#192806 - 11/23/05 10:10 AM T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hi Gang:
I got my new ty2 yesterday late afternoon and have a problem. I got plenty of volume on demo's, and styls/accomp but all voices are low even maxed on the vol controls. I tried uping the vol on master eq and save to user 1 still not a lot of vol. Tried to initiate by holding down demo and turning on, Dos'nt seem to work, can't find any info in the manual that refers to this or my problem. I don't have the trs-ms02, just running from the main outs to the z5500. Is there some settings that takes part of the output and sends to the jacks for the Trs-ms02 or something that might be causing this,? any ideas of what I'm doing wrong would be fully appreciated! The whole right side of the keyboard is weak, and voices don't sound full, especially the artiks and mega's the sweet and live sound pretty good but very weak in vol. again any help would be appreciated...........Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 11-23-2005).]

#192807 - 11/23/05 11:44 AM Re: T2 sound question?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Do the test again with headphones into the T2. At least this will be check if the problem is with the T2 or not. It's most likely your Z5500

#192808 - 11/23/05 12:04 PM Re: T2 sound question?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Do the test again with headphones into the T2. At least this will be check if the problem is with the T2 or not. It's most likely your Z5500

If this is so, isn't this the second problem we've heard of with the Z55 in the past couple of weeks?
Does anyone know if the other kb volume problem was resolved?

t.

#192809 - 11/23/05 12:36 PM Re: T2 sound question?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
If this is so, isn't this the second problem we've heard of with the Z55 in the past couple of weeks?
Does anyone know if the other kb volume problem was resolved?
t.

Yes he did get that fixed.

Quote:
I just made a huge volume difference, instead of plugging the 1/8" headphone jack into the musical notation symbol on the side of the reciever I plugged it into the green hole on the back of the reciever, and it sounds twice as loud or more than that, enough for my band for sure. It's super clear too.
originally posted by bthmedicinetree
thanks

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-23-2005).]

#192810 - 11/23/05 12:47 PM Re: T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

Sorry I did'nt give enough information:

Prob 1 can't initialize (Hold down Demo/Start) nothing happens

prob 2 low vol on R 1 2 3

Play a demo (Loud and clear blow you out of the room.)
styles/accmp (loud and clear)
L voices (loud and clear)

R 1 2 3 cranked to 127, main eq cranked very high and still they sound like a setting of 65 would.

Sounds the same thru headphones also.

Been browsing the manual hav'nt found anything, but suspecting somewhere there is a setting involving the trs-ms02's speakers, and since I don't have them it may be the problem.

Anyone that has a t2 hooked up to trs speakers and is also using mains out to another amp/amps would appreciate you unplugging the trs and see what effect it has???

Pose

ps just ordered a trs speaker system from Yamaha

#192811 - 11/23/05 01:24 PM Re: T2 sound question?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi there. Cancel the system from Yamaha if it's not too late, the quality is very poor and really not worth it. You are better off sticking with the Logitech's once you get them working. My speakers have just been returned to the shop for a refund

#192812 - 11/23/05 01:34 PM Re: T2 sound question?
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
Initialize system setup is:

Hold down rightmost white key while turning on power.

Regards,

Michael

#192813 - 11/23/05 01:36 PM Re: T2 sound question?
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
TRS-MS02's are sufficient for general monitoring and doodling, but you wont realise the true potential of sound from the T2 using them. I plugged my T2 into the hifi system, a Kenwood AV8500 and Mission 751's, absolutely incredible! For the studio though I resorted to using the TRS-MS02's but instead of connecting the satellites to the tyros, I connect a pair of bookshelf monitors. Sounds a lot better. The TRS-MS02's lack presence and warmth, mainly because the mid range drivers are just too small and the low mid/bass only comes from one driver (and thats on the floor!).

Simon

#192814 - 11/23/05 03:40 PM Re: T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

Found the problem:

Apparently the only way to initialize this puppy is to hold down the demo AND the last white note while starting up.

Results--it initialized and brought the vol up and the sound is much much improved. I think maybe with some tweaking I can now get the voices to sound something like the demo and hopefully Simons Stereo.

One of the reasons for buying the the Yam speakers is I like monitor/s in my face it lets me hear what I'm doing much better, and don't like ear monitors. But I know they're not getting a good rating, so torn between giving them a try, or taking the Z5500 system and custom build the 5 speakers to mount on the hardware bracket that I built for mike stand, laptop stand, mouse pad arm. This bracket lays between the keyboard and the L7 stand. and thought about mounting in front of the keyboard 4 speakers 2x to each side facing forward and the center speaker being a monitor facing me.

I still have a second z5500 system with Gary's (Travl'n Easy) setup with the stands etc. for playing outside the studio when needed.

To each and everyone who responded, I thank you very very much.(Whether the suggestions are the correct answers or not It makes a person think and between all of us we got it) I'll sleep tonight...

(be dream'n of being a big tyros 2 rock star..with young ladies hang'n all over me)

pose

#192815 - 11/23/05 11:24 PM Re: T2 sound question?
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Here's another reason why I hang around this forum. I, too, noticed weak right-hand sounds (saxes, etc) and didn't have a clue why. Now I know and was able to fix it. Thanks, DerfM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online