SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#179522 - 10/19/05 09:38 AM Korg Arrangers
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Hi all

First of all it's great to be here and to be part of such wonderful forum. I really learned alot from you guys and finally decided to join.

I do have a question. I have never used a Korg arrangers before, but recently being at my local Sam Ash store, I've noticed that PA50 sells for about $900 with their promotion. I am a Yamaha arranger guy, but would like to try something else. Mainly I do recording and play in a church.
Is there a particular Korg arranger that you guys would recommend? And how do they compare to Yamaha with cord recognition etc.?

Thanks for all your help and again, nice to be here.

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros 2 on it's way smile

#179523 - 10/19/05 11:08 AM Re: Korg Arrangers
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
At last months Keyboard Festival UK which we attended for the 7 days. I spent some time playing the PA50 and found it remarkable value for money. I am considering adding the PA50 to my PSR3000 on a stand extension.

#179524 - 10/19/05 05:51 PM Re: Korg Arrangers
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I currently perform in my:
PSR 3000 and Korg PA 60 (previous model of the PA 50, few differences besides price)
PA 60 made in Italy PA 50 made in China
shorter keys longer keys
use standar power cord, the 50 power adaptor...no option of hard disk and video...Other wise, sounds & styles are the same.
The combination is Great !!

------------------
mdorantes

#179525 - 10/19/05 06:43 PM Re: Korg Arrangers
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The PA50 has been a "winner" for me at my store. The problem has been availability. Korg has not had a PA50 to sell for over 4 months. Because they are made in China and not in a "Korg" owned factory, the production runs from one batch to another batch of the same models is very long because the factory is making other products as well. I haven't even had a floor sample for over 3 months now. Every time I ask Korg USA about a shipment, they are just as unhappy as I am!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#179526 - 10/19/05 07:00 PM Re: Korg Arrangers
zuki Offline

Hey cc,
I have a PA50 and enjoy it very much. The styles and sounds are top shelf. I find the board very easy to understand too. I am extremely pleased with my purchase - 2 months ago at Sam Ash for $850.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#179527 - 10/20/05 05:45 AM Re: Korg Arrangers
ccdmax Offline

Thank you guys so much. So I've decided to get the PA50... went to Sam Ash... and they only have two floor units, one only plays G7 chord and the other... looks like it has been to more gigs than me...
So I'll be on a lookout or... I'm just going to order PA1X Pro. It's a lot more money, but I've talked over with my wife and she agreed if I can find the PA1X Pro for under 3K... I can order it.
Thanks again, and if you guys have any other suggestions or recommendations, I would appreciate them very much.

------------------

#179528 - 10/20/05 05:49 AM Re: Korg Arrangers
ccdmax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hey cc,
I have a PA50 and enjoy it very much. The styles and sounds are top shelf. I find the board very easy to understand too. I am extremely pleased with my purchase - 2 months ago at Sam Ash for $850.
zuki

That's a really good price for Sam Ash. They had the in store special over the weekend for $100 OFF but now they tell me they would have to order it at full $1000 price... but none in stock...
go figure...

------------------

#179529 - 10/20/05 06:25 AM Re: Korg Arrangers
Hasko Offline

Loc: Finland
I have had a PA50 for about a month now and this far I have been very peased with it. Only thing I can't praise it about is that it has so many useless styles for my taste, too few rock and pop 6/8 and there could be some more good moderate pop styles. But there's many user made styles downloadable on the net so it shouldn't be a big problem.

It has so good sounds that it's very fun to play it even without the accompaniment. When I now come to think about it, I haven't used the styles for a week and I have played almost every day.

PA50 is the most advanced and expensive arranger I have played for a long time so I can't say anything about Pa1X but it should be much better, Korg couldn't release 3-4 times more expensive model which has the same quality sounds and styles than in their cheaper model. I wish I some day get a chance to test Pa1X.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online