SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#190258 - 10/14/05 05:00 PM Tyros2 > Is it confirmed that ..........
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Yse,I cant make myself sure that tyros2 has a fulfleged sampler.What i mean is,can we call it a sampler,if not what does it lack?
What does it mean by sample player as it does not accept Akai,giga or other formats.
I read the manual and it does not openly call it a sampler.As i have understood studying tha manual is tha we cant directly sample into it rather we have to import already recorded samples,if i am not wrong?

Pls clarify this enigma coz i am getting intersted to buy T2 only if it has sampler.
Because,i love making my own sounds.I also worked a lot on my previus boards like Psr 8000 and 9000.So this much i am clear that i will buy T2 for its sampler if not,I am
happy with my Psr 3000 and Kn 6500.

#190259 - 10/15/05 07:19 AM Re: Tyros2 > Is it confirmed that ..........
rumbero Offline

Loc: france
Hi Shakeel Ahmed
Me too, I'm very anxious about this function because there are lots of misunderstandings certainly due to the non explicit manual :
First of all, following the various explanations of the (sellers) demonstrators from Yam but also from independant store (and if I have well understood cause I'm far from being a speciaist !!), Yamaha didn't want to call its recorder "sampler" because it has not the possibility to "slice" the loop or the sample or the recording you put as can do the MOTIF ES with its ISS function.
BUT, and of course following it was said to me, you should have the possibility to import any sample (loops, human voices, any recording) and SYNCHRONIZE it with the styles.And someone has even spoken of a time stretching function but it is still not clear if it is auto or manual editing (which would be boring !)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online