SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#114347 - 10/02/05 04:18 PM Taking apart my Tyros
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I was trying to take apart my Tyros to recover a clip I accidentally slipped inside. After taking out all the screws, there still seems to be something holding it together somewhere around the volume control and power switch. It is giving a little slack, so it can't be another screw. Its probably a wire, or possibly something Yamaha put in to prevent tampering. Can anyone help? Thanks, Chony.

#114348 - 10/02/05 05:46 PM Re: Taking apart my Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Chony, before going further, I suggest calling Yamaha USA (714) 522-9011 for help with this, and for the future, if possible, purchasing a Yamaha Tyros schematics manual from them. Good luck. - Scott

#114349 - 10/03/05 06:34 AM Re: Taking apart my Tyros
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Cbony,

You might want to follow this link: http://www.svpworld.com/tyrosinside.htm

Simon has an article whereby someone took apart their Tyros. There are some photos which may be of help to you. If that doesn't work, contact the author of the article who might be able to help.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#114350 - 10/03/05 12:33 PM Re: Taking apart my Tyros
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
..........there still seems to be something holding it together somewhere around the volume control and power switch. It is giving a little slack, so it can't be another screw..........

I just found out how to reply with a quote, talk about smart...
Anyway, It may be a silly remark but BEFORE you take any screws out you must take off all things that "protrude" from the case , like volume control, sliders etc. They consist of the part that is under the case and the plastic part that you actually touch, which "snaps on" the under-the-case part. Have you done that?
Again this is a silly question but sometimes it is easy to forget things like that.
Theodore

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online