SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197912 - 08/03/05 11:36 AM ROEL , my best synthzone buddy .
guillermo Offline

Loc: spain
roeldejonge , my best synthzone buddy !.

In february I bought the stage piano of yamaha, the p 90 .
I had already many years the yamaha 9000 pro .
Playing on the both instruments, I got the idea to connect those both together in such a way , that I only use the keys of the p 90 for to play of course the p 90 ] for ALSO to use all the software of the 9000 pro .
so : ONE board with keys for to use TWO instruments !
But to make the good connection for that, was a big problem .
I asked my dealer for advice and on this forum I was also asking for help , but the result was : negative. Nobody was able to give me a step by step practical instruction
I received a lot of advices , but most were theoretical.
A pity for me , for I am a litte “handicapted”as a person who can only work with practical advices as : “what to do in which way “ .
But the was a buddy !.
On the other part of our little country holland was living ROEL , I met him many years ago on this forum and he is a really buddy for me for all my musical problems.
I asked him for help , and two days ago he was driving with his wife Gea, to the west coast where I am living . that takes 3 hours .
after drinking coffee in our garden , the “girls “[ Gea and my wife Elisabeth ] started shopping in our new shopping centre and Roel prepared himselves to solve my big problem !
He said “willem , read my lips , I tell you it once “.
“when you want to connect two midi instruments together and you want also make recordings in sequence programs as band in a box or power track , there are three imported things :
a. take care that all the midi channels everywhere in the system are setting in the same and in a good way .
b. use a good mixer , with 4 stereo channels .
c. use the pc for the connection between the midi instruments and the sequence
programms .
so, first of all we went to my music-shop for to buy the yamaha mg 12/4 mixer and a lot of cables .
at home roel prepared the 9000 pro in the midi menu , that the pro received all by channel 1
the 9000 pro was already connected with a external midi/ soundcard: the m- audiophile
the p 90 was still in the factory settings and we connected him with a midi interface to the pc .
in band in a box and in power track Roel was setting all the midi channels in a good way , and…….after connecting all the “midi” and “line in” and “line out” cables , ….. it was working perfect !
after looking for solving my musical problem for more than a half year , now I am playing on one board of keys and using two instruments.!
Roel, my best synthzone buddy did that for me !
Thanks to him and thanks to the forum !
Guillermo / William/ Willem

#197913 - 08/03/05 11:49 AM Re: ROEL , my best synthzone buddy .
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Guillermo (Willem) & wife Elisabeth enjoying a good time at Roel & Gea's Anniversary Party:

#197914 - 08/03/05 04:26 PM Re: ROEL , my best synthzone buddy .
Roel Offline

Wow Willem.... It was great to help you out of the 'missery'
It was soo funny how you tried to hide your new mixer (including the box and manuals), because Elisabeth had no clue why we went to the Guitar Centre.
Elisabeth seemed to like the idea many cables, some speakers and an amplifier had no function anymore AND playing the P90 is possible for her without complicated setup changes. (Just power on the P90, mixer and MSP5's)

You forgot to tell all SZ buddies it took me some time to find out why BiaB did a Midi-ch conversion in THRU mode
Someone put in CH5 on the THRU parameter!&)(*#^&*

#197915 - 08/07/05 12:51 PM Re: ROEL , my best synthzone buddy .
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hello,

I think Roel is a great intelligent person who knows much about computers,audio and keyboards. And nice to hear he helps people
that's having problems with there gear.
Long time i heard from roel !!

regards,

notlos
www.notlos.com

#197916 - 08/07/05 03:24 PM Re: ROEL , my best synthzone buddy .
Roel Offline

Notlos,
We probably (more or less) lost contact because we operate different 'machines' at this moment ?
Now I'm waiting for the Tyros-2 to arrive around september/october.

regards,
Roel

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online