SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#214613 - 07/25/05 11:23 AM 76 Key Arrangers
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Have been reading the posts and it seems a lot of people are looking for 76 Key arrangers, well there is one available that is due for a major software update, (August 2005) which I think might interest you, the keyboard has been featured in previous posts but as the new software makes it a virtually new instrument, I think its worth mentioning it again, and that is the Wersi Ikarus.

Briefly in current form it is a 76 key keyboard with a large touch screen display, (which is adjustable to at least 45 degrees) DVD rom/CD burner drive, floppy drive, 80Gb hard disk, 1Gb of memory and AMD CPU, all mounted in a lightweight aluminium case.
Up to 45 sounds can be mapped to each sound button, 2000 Total Presets (Patches) of which 1500 are user programmable, Up to 45 Styles, Real Drums, (Live recordings of a real drummer playing Real Drums in a studio setting) mp3, Wav, Midi and/or Video can be mapped to each style button.

Updates in the V7 software (August 2005) include: -
300 New Sounds
5 Sound Generators, Analog, Wavetable, FM, Sampling and Drawbars.
All New Additional Synth/Vintage Sounds
Disk Streaming of sounds (Using Gigasampler technology)
170 Note additional Polyphony
Hermod Tuning (Optional)
Improved Sound Editor
100 New Styles and Real Drums
New Effects, Reverb, Chorus, Wha Wha, Distortion, Flanger, Compressor etc
VST Instrument integration allowing 4 VST Instruments (Soft Synths) to be used at any one time (Pictures show Steinberg’s THE GRAND and HALion sampler on the screen, also Native Instruments B4 and FM7)
Style Presets – For easy play style presets couple with one-touch settings for easy setup of instrument
New Part sequencer – Allows looping and arranging of Midi files (Cubasis and Wavelab will still be integrated)
Additional features may be added before launch.
Existing owners can upgrade for 198 Euros. (May require upgrade of memory and/or CPU)
No demos available as yet, and details only in German, but expect the Demos and English translation to arrive in August.

I would be interested in the experienced members comments on this upgrade.

As for stability, I play the Wersi Abacus and apart from minor bugs in the OAS software, (which was fixed by free update CD ROMs form Wersi) I have had no other problems at all.

Bill

#214614 - 07/25/05 12:30 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
to the genesys Offline

Is that keyboard heavy? All of the wonderful sounds, and the features are really great!! But how easy is it to transport to a gig?

#214615 - 07/25/05 02:14 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
the weight.

that's the MAJOR issue for arrangers.
ever think about why 3k and tyros sell more than other arrangers to actural giggers?(not home players).wonder why MOST of the arranger only gigging forum members has yammies?(not for SMF or mp3 playback )

Cause arranger players need light weight and relatively small sized gear.Especially in USA where everything is more mobile (most people have cars and PA)and playing more than 1 gig in a day is not uncommon.Major Market here for arrangers is Nursing home(older crowd above 65 yr or more) type gigs where in europe is still targeted to popular Dance gigs(with younger crowd)and the arrangers stays in the venue more (I guess).In US younger crowd go to disco and dance with hip hop type music or bars with 3-7 piece band music in general.

that's also another reason where you see younger arranger players(20-30s)when in US in 40 yr and up(most of the young players here are still doing band live music).

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 07-25-2005).]

#214616 - 07/25/05 04:02 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
abacus Offline

Hi All
Pictures of current version can be found at www.wersi.de , the dimensions are 110 x 46.5 x 16cm 43.5 x 18.3 x 6.3 inches, weight 21 Kilograms 86 UK Pounds.
So it is bigger and heavier then the Tyros but should be a lot stronger and resilient for gigging.

Bill

#214617 - 07/25/05 05:03 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've owned Wersi's in the past and will never own one again. Their equipment is very overpriced when compared to some of the other manufacturers. Plus, it was a nightmare getting parts and service.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#214618 - 07/25/05 05:13 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi All
Pictures of current version can be found at www.wersi.de , the dimensions are 110 x 46.5 x 16cm 43.5 x 18.3 x 6.3 inches, weight 21 Kilograms 86 UK Pounds.
So it is bigger and heavier then the Tyros but should be a lot stronger and resilient for gigging.

Bill

O K that is not too bad. It has a very professional look... more than I could say for the psr(s) and Tyros keyboards. And looking and sounding professional is very very important.

#214619 - 07/25/05 06:19 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bass, drums, piano and organ are teriffic..maybe the best of those sounds in one board..of course we have to play it ourselves to really appreciate an instrument..
Overall..on line demos this rates up there with the G70, Genesys Pro, Pa1x and Midjay..

#214620 - 07/25/05 06:20 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I've owned Wersi's in the past and will never own one again. Their equipment is very overpriced when compared to some of the other manufacturers. Plus, it was a nightmare getting parts and service.

I own a Wersi Abacus Duo Pro and from first hand experience I can say without question the Wersi is the best built best sounding arranger on the market. Don't expect any cheap plastic in the Abacus, the frame is made from heavy gauge steel with real wood sides. The sounds, features, and user interface of the Wersi rival anything available from Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Technics, and Ketron. Only the new Korg Oasys offers similar features but until I play the Oasys first hand I can't say if its comparable or not but it will be very difficult to rival the Wersi.

Yes, the Wersi isn't cheap but you are definitely getting a well built instrument with incredible sounds (OAS 7 will feature almost 1 GB of sounds as standard), extensive features, lots of inputs and outputs, and upgradeability for your money.

I thought I was crazy spending that much money on an arranger but having used the best that Technics, Roland, and Yamaha had to offer only to be disappointed by them, I can honestly say the Wersi surpassed my expectations and continues to get better with each OAS upgrade. Reliability has been rock solid and those who doubt the stability of the OAS system likely haven't used it.

I would urge anyone who is serious about arrangers and can afford to buy the Wersi to check it out, you won't be disappointed.

#214621 - 07/25/05 06:38 PM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.yamahapkclub.com/tyros/index.html

I just listened to the Tyros demo..after hearing the Abacus...the comparison shows how thin the Tyros sounds...absolutely not in the forementioned group..
I am referring to on line demos..although I believe the demos really speak for themselves..The only boards I haven't played yet are the G70 and Abacus..

#214622 - 07/26/05 01:17 AM Re: 76 Key Arrangers
abacus Offline

Hi
The demos on the Wersi site are for the current software V6 not V7 which will be released in August, so if you thought the current ones were good then V7 should be really good.
I have tried the G70 briefly, and there are some cracking sounds and styles on it.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online