SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#211895 - 07/14/05 05:54 PM George Kaye - Warranty Question
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As an authorized dealer in the USA, could you tell us what the status of warranty transfer is in the US?

If I buy a (slightly!) used G-70, can the warranty be transfered, or am I up a creek if it fritzes out??

Seems a few users a bailing (can't be bothered to take the time to tweak, or missing features), but these nearly new keyboards may not be the deal if the warranty can't be transfered.

#211896 - 07/14/05 09:39 PM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Diki,
It's my understanding that the warranty goes to the original owner only and not to the next person who owns it, however, I'm not certain about this. You might want to call Roland Service in the USA for the official answer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#211897 - 07/19/05 05:13 AM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
Booby Offline

Hi,

here in Europe it seems that the only rule applied regards the purchasing date. If you can prove the date of purchase with an official money receipt and you are in the warranty terms then the warranty will apply.

No mention is made to the fact that only the first owner (so no second hand is allowed) will benefit of this.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

#211898 - 07/19/05 11:17 PM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I checked with Roland US - unfortunately, in the good ol' USA we get stiffed if we buy a week-old Roland. No warranty, zip, nada. So you European types get free health care, education and welfare, paid vacations AND you get to transfer warranties??!! NO FAIR!!

(But Bush is probably OK with this!)

#211899 - 07/20/05 08:03 AM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
What if a Roland Keyboard/Music Product is received as a Birthday or Christmas gift? Does that mean that it must be RETURNED to the gift giver before warranty work will be performed on it? This would be very inconvenient at best, especially if the gift giver lives clear on the 'other side' of the Country. I should expect that providing proof of purchase date (receipt/invoice) a far more "just and fair" policy. I'm curious now what the US warranty policy is in this regard, of the other major arranger keyboard music manufacter's. I hope better than Roland's. Anyone here know?

* Casio
* GEM
* Ketron
* Korg
* Yamaha

Scott

#211900 - 07/20/05 09:06 AM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
At Yamaha, a gift is the one exception. Proof of purchase is required.

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#211901 - 07/20/05 09:19 AM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Here in the Netherlands we pay the highest tax for petrol,cars, income (50%)! and so on.
We must also pay our vacations,but we first must safe our money for it.(it looks so nice but afterall we pay for all of it )
If you buy a product you have 2 year waranty and if the product has a malfunction out of the warranty period, you can get youre right !
The so called consumer protection.

regards
Arno

#211902 - 07/20/05 09:34 AM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
Here in the U.S. it is what it is because we, the customers, allow it to be what it is.

Where Europe gets 2 years labor and pieces, we get 90 days labor and 1 year pieces. And if and when an electronic part fails, it has nothing to do whether the first, second or whatever owner was playing it. A warranty exists for the sole purpose that electronic parts can fail within a certain time period and the warranty covers that incident.

Furthermore, now a days, practically all electronic devices store the number of hours they have been in use, be it that only service personnel can access this information, so there should be no date set on warranties, but hours of use.

Someone who plays outdoors for a living can have his keyboard working over a thousand hours a year, where I as a hobbyist might only reach half of that, yet both warranties run for the same time period.

My 2 cents.
John

------------------
Have a nice day smile

#211903 - 07/20/05 12:59 PM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Hi....I owned a New FantomX7 which needed an Motherboard Update Replacement under Warranty...The Dealer just asked for a copy of the Sales receipt...I never filled any regristration Info out, etc...Excellent Service!....Harold

#211904 - 07/21/05 07:26 PM Re: George Kaye - Warranty Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
What if a Roland Keyboard/Music Product is received as a Birthday or Christmas gift? Does that mean that it must be RETURNED to the gift giver before warranty work will be performed on it? This would be very inconvenient at best, especially if the gift giver lives clear on the 'other side' of the Country. I should expect that providing proof of purchase date (receipt/invoice) a far more "just and fair" policy. I'm curious now what the US warranty policy is in this regard, of the other major arranger keyboard music manufacter's. I hope better than Roland's. Anyone here know?

* Casio
* GEM
* Ketron
* Korg
* Yamaha

Scott

Hi Scott,

Our products are warranted for 5 years on parts and 1 year on labor and the warranty is not transferable.

It is my understanding that in the US it is not mandatory to fill out and return a warranty registration. All that is required is the original sales receipt to prove date of purchase. Although it is a very good idea to fill in the registration and return it to the appropriate address as this can be helpful for update notices, etc.

Best Regards,

Dave

P.S. Every country has specific warranty policies so I can only speak for the US.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online